Got The Skunk2 Exhaust

SOLOTR95

I Got The Skunk2 Mega Power Exhaust The Other Day For My 2000 Gsr 2 Door. But I Think I Ran Into A Problem That Maybe You Can Help Me Out With. I Was Going To Install It In Today But I Noticed On The Box It Says 1994-1998 Part #413-05-1545. I Looked On Skunk2 And It Says I Need 1994-01 Part #413-05-5105. Is The One I Got Going To Work On My Car Or No. Can Someone Help Me Out So I Know Whether To Take It Back And Switch It Or Install It.

nautica_t

if you got a gsr exhaust than you should be fine. if you got an ls exhaust than return it. but you can always try to install it. no harm done.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
yeah there is a difference between the gsr's and the ls exhasuts because the cats are different lengths, but other than that it should be fine to install.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
did you buy the whole cat-back?

newspeed

I ran into a similar problem, they sent me an ls but for some reason the ls has a longer A-pipe (off the exhaust manifold.)

If you have a 1994-1999 GSR the only one that will fit is 413-05-1545

any ls or gsr 00-01 should fit with 413-05-5105

The issue for you will be that the exaust piping is going to be longer to accomodate the shorter a-pipe, because the cats are the same size. So you may find that the exhaust is too long

Last edited:

SOLOTR95

Yeah The Exhaust Was Too Long. I Found That Out The Hard Way Ha Ha. So For Future Reference For Everyone Out There. A 94-98 Gsr Skunk 2 Exhaust Will Not Work On A 99-2001 Gsr

SOLOTR95

ok we just installed the exhaust but i know its not on right so i got a couple questions.

1) with your guyses skunk2 exhaust did it fit into the stock dome or was it off? cause mine doesnt fit into there.
2) my exhaust seems long is it possible i got a sedan gsr exhaust?
3) did you center rubber hooks line up?

my skunk2 exhaust muffler pipe is forcing on the axel.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
SOLOTR95 said:
ok we just installed the exhaust but i know its not on right so i got a couple questions.

1) with your guyses skunk2 exhaust did it fit into the stock dome or was it off? cause mine doesnt fit into there.
2) my exhaust seems long is it possible i got a sedan gsr exhaust?
3) did you center rubber hooks line up?

my skunk2 exhaust muffler pipe is forcing on the axel.

skunk 2 is a top quality maufacturer all those problems you are having are not normal. something is not right. did you swap cats out or no?

mteg

Automatic Lover
If I were you, I would get a custom high flow cat or test pipe and have a muffler shop make it the right length for you. How much longer is it? I'm guessing about 4" longer. Your just asking for trouble if it's tight up on the axle. Good luck. I know that skunk 2 says that parts are universal between tegs, but their not. My testpipe had the o2 sensor on the worong end, and my intake manifold was missing bungs and had ones that did't go anywhere. Fuck Skunk 2! I'm done dealing with them. Good luck on the exhaust.

newspeed

You must have got the wrong exhaust because on my 1999 gsr the thing fits perfectly with every stock location, hangers clears everythink perfectly and it is centered perfectly out of the back bumper. there should be no rubbing and the hangers should line up perfectly

good luck!

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
newspeed said:
You must have got the wrong exhaust because on my 1999 gsr the thing fits perfectly with every stock location, hangers clears everythink perfectly and it is centered perfectly out of the back bumper. there should be no rubbing and the hangers should line up perfectly

good luck!
so does mine although it does hit at the top of the dome a little and burned off some plastic. Its not noticable though i just shaved a little of the dome from the inside so it would not hit anymore. other than that it fits perfect.

SOLOTR95

i get what your saying about the groove on the bumper but i ment the dome under the car mine doesnt fit in there

SOLOTR95

no i didnt change cats. see this is whats pissing me off bad. i buy the damn exhaust. its suppose to be an easy bolt on everyone knows that. but its not. you guys and even skunk2 tells me that the 94-98 gsr exhaust i got will fit. well if it will fit then why doesnt skunk2 make their applications say 94-2001. the only one that says that is for the mega power r exhaust with the inlet 70mm which is for turbo vehicles oppose to the 60. rrrrrrrr