Good RPMs?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm with Karl, I usually shift low sometimes under 2k as long as I know it won't bog. I sometimes even skip gears 1-3-5 but you just gotta rev it higher before you shift. That's how you save gas.

But shit I hate not having a 6th gear at 80mph its at about 4k just a quick stab of the throttle away from vtec. I hate it because sometimes the traffic around here cruises at like 90mph and then i'm either in vtec or not going fast enough its such a blower!
2K? Damn that's low. I don't have enough torque in the lower rpms, that's why I shift up at 3-4K.

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
I'm with matt, I shift around 3 grand no matter what. And I usually never driver over 75, so somewhere between 3 and 3.5. I'm a gas saver.

Spody02

Name: Cody
i shift around 2500 maybe 3000, then whatever speed i'm doing always in 5th
haha

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I thought it's not good to have your RPMs under 2k when driving stick? Something about your engine working harder...? lol I dunno, I don't remember what the whole deal was. I would have thought you'd be wasting more gas by shifting so low, though.

Someone enlighten me...

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I thought it's not good to have your RPMs under 2k when driving stick? Something about your engine working harder...? lol I dunno, I don't remember what the whole deal was. I would have thought you'd be wasting more gas by shifting so low, though.

Someone enlighten me...
you're right.

Low oil pressure, and over working the engine is bad on all your bearings