Good idea Or bad Idea?? H22A

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well I'm not going to argue the weight distribution but the H22 is only like 30lbs more. And 45hp for 1300 N/A hp isn't bad. You would only get about that much extra wheel hp out of a standard s/c or turbo setup for double the money. As for parallel parking I do that with a 3000+ lb car with a straight six sitting up front all the time. It's a good substitute for the gym :lol: Also I would disagree on 215hp being the hp cap for that motor. My boy has one in his del sol and is hitting over 350 to the wheels. So IMO if you were planning on going for a turbo setup, the H22 swap wouldn't be a bad choice. If you were choosing to stay N/A then I would go for a B series setup. I personally tho would spend the money and either rebuild your motor or you could go buy a B16

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
OK then unless that motor has hardly anymiles on it. I would do something else with the 1300.

chicolindopr

Aussie said:
OK then unless that motor has hardly anymiles on it. I would do something else with the 1300.

i havent check it out cuz i been to busy but my mechanic said its a 2000 h22...and its been sitting for a while...so i dont think it has to many miles on it...and i know he wouldnt tell me about it if there was somethin wrong wit it cuz hes like family....but we'll see...i saw my boy yesterday and i asked him what he had in his hatchback civic and he said a h22...and it runs and handles fine he said...so i dont see why it would run or handle ne different in my integra

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm sure you wont find anything different with the handling, It sounds like you really want to go for the H22 swap so I say go for it, I don't think you would be dissapointed.

chicolindopr

Aussie said:
I'm sure you wont find anything different with the handling, It sounds like you really want to go for the H22 swap so I say go for it, I don't think you would be dissapointed.
yea i think i should and especially since i trust my mechanic like crazy cuz hes my girls dad....and he freakin knows everything.....he built his own racing car from scratch....he gotta starlet wit an 93 rx-7 motor wit a huge single turbo...shits a beast...but neways yea i might do it...but thanx alot everyone for da feeback and info i really appreciate it

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i wouldn't do it, LOTS of talk about uneven wieght distribution in the front of the car, LOTS of suspension work, A LOT of maintenace, LOTS of hard work involved... and not to mention $$$$. the motor might be a good deal... but putting it in and being able to use it as a daily driver and VERY HARD

Winki

Undercover mod
Do what you gotta do but i don't think your 2000$ will cover the cash you need to put that motor in your teg thats all, other than that it will be a beast. just be sure to get a pretty good suspension or that oil pan will be dam close to the ground.

chicolindopr

so den i shouldnt do it???.....i mean i can always buy anotha motor like a gsr or a b16....those will be alot easier to swap but da prelude motor has alot more power....but i'll trust you guys and not do it...i'd rather be on da safe side

sonicvybe

new driver
lol...if u got a civic...then h22a wud be an awesome swap setup...but u have an integra...i would say just go turbo...save yourself the side costs...prolly get more value out of a turbo...

chicolindopr

damn im confused lol......but w/e i'll figure it out...i'll let'chu guys know what im doin when i decide...thanx for da help and opinions.