Good idea Or bad Idea?? H22A

chicolindopr

i think im gonna buy dis motor from my friends...i was gonna just do an LS/VTEC conversion but my mechanic said his boy is sellin him a 2000 prelude H22A for $1300...so i tol him i'd buy it....good idea or bad?

chicolindopr

obd1kenobi said:
Good if your building a drag car or just dont care about how your car handles

well im plannin on changin my suspension neways....cuz my car handle really really good....but i know since im puttin more power to da wheels i gotta upgrade my shit...but dats da least of my problems....i just wanna know if its a good deal for da motor lol

ltrain

chicolindopr said:
well im plannin on changin my suspension neways....cuz my car handle really really good....but i know since im puttin more power to da wheels i gotta upgrade my shit...but dats da least of my problems....i just wanna know if its a good deal for da motor lol
i would go lsvtec personally cheeper cuz if u get the h22 u would have to buy axles motor mounts and the motor weight like 30lbs more , thats the reason y u need to get better suspension, progress makes springs specifically for integras with the h22 swap if im correct, its just more of ahassle when u can get a lsvtec with a small build, new rods/pistons

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
ltrain said:
i would go lsvtec personally cheeper cuz if u get the h22 u would have to buy axles motor mounts and the motor weight like 30lbs more , thats the reason y u need to get better suspension, progress makes springs specifically for integras with the h22 swap if im correct,
yeah, agreed

Winki

Undercover mod
probably more expensive in the long run lot of custom work involved in putting an H in the teg, especially since the prelude shift linkage is cables not bars. not sure you know what you got your self into

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Bigblock-B said:
probably more expensive in the long run lot of custom work involved in putting an H in the teg, especially since the prelude shift linkage is cables not bars. not sure you know what you got your self into
Oooooo, I forgot about that :wak:

Josh

i dont think its a good idea to buy it.. there heavy as hell, they dont make that much power neither does b series n/a of course and be street able. thats my 2 cents.

chicolindopr

i would love to turbo it but my moms will bitch cuz my cars under her insurance for now cuz its cheaper....and im gonna have around $2000 to play wit..