Getting a DA soon

94dc4

My name matches again lol
My DC4 has been deemed totaled, and I can't find any decent ones around my area in my price range, so I've decided on trying out a DA. Found a bone stock one with 205k miles for 1500 that could probably just use some hood work or a new hood. Just waiting on insurance and I'm gonna go get it.

This will just be my daily driver, but I'd like to add small touches to the exterior and performance. What do you guys recommend? He says it's a 92, but it looks an awful lot like a 91. That's a 10 HP difference! lol, anyone have any experience with a Skunk2 intake manifold? That's the main thing I'm looking at right now, along with a header, if any of that will do anything. Only thing I did to my DC was put on a short ram.

JdMrican88

Prince of 2nd Generation
yea im lookin into the same thing i have mine stock with dc headers n blah blah list goes on i have 91 gs i'd go for it long as it doesnt have any leakage or rust go for it

94dc4

well, I looked up why there's a 10 HP difference between 90-91 and 92-93, and one site said it's because the intake and exhaust manifolds are bigger on the 92+.

xOriginalNinjax

well, I looked up why there's a 10 HP difference between 90-91 and 92-93, and one site said it's because the intake and exhaust manifolds are bigger on the 92+.
IIRC it's actually a difference in the cams, and the 92-93 is OBD1, where the 90-91 is OBD0. Different ECU and cams make that difference.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
if the car is stock there is an easy way to find out the difference in what year it is between the 91 and 92. again if the car is stock then look at the taillights. if the top is white/clear and the bottoms are red then it is a 91. if the taillights have amber and clear on top and red on bottom its a 92. I am not sure if this helps you out or not.

94dc4

IIRC it's actually a difference in the cams, and the 92-93 is OBD1, where the 90-91 is OBD0. Different ECU and cams make that difference.
I knew the OBD differences, but didn't know it had different cams too. Interesting.

if the car is stock there is an easy way to find out the difference in what year it is between the 91 and 92. again if the car is stock then look at the taillights. if the top is white/clear and the bottoms are red then it is a 91. if the taillights have amber and clear on top and red on bottom its a 92. I am not sure if this helps you out or not.
I definitely knew this. Don't forget the turn signals are different on 92+.

Nice DA you got there.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I knew the OBD differences, but didn't know it had different cams too. Interesting.

I definitely knew this. Don't forget the turn signals are different on 92+.

Nice DA you got there.
yeah I figured if you knew about the hp difference then you knew about this. and thanks

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Look for the resistor box behind the drivers side shock tower. If it is bone stock and a 92-93 that box should not be there. They only came on 90-91s which had peak hold injectors, 92-93 have saturated injectors. There are other small differences such as the gauge cluster. 90-91 have the 55mph mark and 92-93s don't.

In this pic with the green clip

wite2nr

or you can just look at the title? and the front bumpers are diff, if it is bone stock I doubt it would have had a bumper swapped for a different year. front bumper/taillights would be the easiest way to tell.

94dc4

I forgot to update. It's a 91 for sure. He made a typo in the listing, lol

It's still a very nice car for the price. Just waiting on my check from insurance to come in the mail.

94dc4

Compared to my car, it looks like a downgrade, but I actually don't care. I might actually have some extra money to throw into the DA, which I didn't with my car. At least it has a sunroof. I've been having withdrawals with this rental, lol

Some things on my list for now are a short ram of some sort, some one-piece headlights (don't know if I want JDM or these or these) and HIDs, and maybe some sort of factory alloy wheels for cheap. I gotta worry about registration and brake pads first though.

Oh yea, it's light metallic blue with tan interior.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
nice. I am also contemplating about all of the above headlights. I need to see them on the car before I can even try to decide. My dc4 was hard to let go of but at the same time easy as it was an auto and I now have a 5 spd. if you find any pics of the headlights installed send em my way please. I almost wanna stay stock with amber sides but I like the other styles too much.

I feel like I actually have a project car and the DC4 was just.... I never worked on it or bought any parts for it cuz everything is so damn expensive. I have already bought so much stuff for the DA and it looks better everyday.

94dc4

Wow I just noticed your screen name. I guess your transition wasn't as hard with your DC being auto and all, lol

94dc4

black housing

OK WHERE DO YOU GET THOSE?! They look pretty DC-ish

Last edited: