Forum Spamming !

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
okay so i have been seeing alot of spammers and shit coming on our site and posting their bullshit so i have a suggestion for the mods. Over at TI the mods have this thing where for a certain ammount of time when you first become a member that they have to approve your post first before it can be seen to the rest of the forums so i was wondering if we could do something like that here it would really cut down on all the bullshit and it might even weed out non active members i dont know just a suggestion and a rant. Sorry so long lol.

speedin

The Transporter
What about a "lurker" period. Where they cant post anything, just look around the site. This will also give them time to READ THE RULES! Some sites ive seen 1 week all the way to 30 days.

I feel 1 week is plenty though.

But yea id like to see this put through. Either way we will do soming sooner or later. But I think its up to jay jay or omni

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I like the lurker thing. It tends to work. I like how DSMtuners emphasizes the "search first, ask questions later" rule. It keeps people from asking the questions that have already been anwsered 5 times and gets people to do a little research before posting vague questions and what not

nautica_t

^ i agree, but no matter what, people still don't try to use the search and you'll always get someone doing that. they'll ask a question that was probably posted 10 minutes prior. but lurking thing is quite cool.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
nautica_t said:
^ i agree, but no matter what, people still don't try to use the search and you'll always get someone doing that. they'll ask a question that was probably posted 10 minutes prior. but lurking thing is quite cool.
Everytime you go to post on that site though, it asks if you searched first. So if someone doesn't just go search its their own stupidity that causes people give them smart ass remarks. Searching real quick is easier than waiting for someone to reply, so I don't see why people just don't do it first anyway :what:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
but what happens if a person needs a solution to another problem that hasnt been answered at all in the past. what should they do then? pm the mods or something? they cant wait a week. :lol:

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
Lurker thing or whatever id just rather this shit to stop like i said over at TI they got that thing where the mods have to approve their post or else it wont be posted. I say the mods talk it over so this shit can stop.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
some of the mods over there abuse their powers. i remember there was someone that was planning to sell something but it wasnt even a for sale thread. and i made a comment stating that i could get it cheaper on another site and they rejected the comment.

oh yes the person was tryin to sell a ITR shift knob for 100$ + shipping. :roll:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I don't ever see any of the spam crap on sites that don't allow registration with free emails like yahoo and hotmail. They require you to use a legitimate email address

nautica_t

yeah i'm on another forum that requires an actual legitimate e-mail addy.
but hey whatever works for the admin team.

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
I don't ever see any of the spam crap on sites that don't allow registration with free emails like yahoo and hotmail. They require you to use a legitimate email address
Dont you start that!!!!!! I dont have anyother email than the hotmail one.

Oh and as far as I know mods cant make these changes. Mabye omni with is Admin super powers?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
Dont you start that!!!!!! I dont have anyother email than the hotmail one.

Oh and as far as I know mods cant make these changes. Mabye omni with is Admin super powers?
I wonder if CI changed that if you would get banned :lol: