fog lights turn on

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
A '91 GS should have a button for fog lights to the right of the defroster switch, and to the left of the HAZARD button. All this can be located to the right of your steering wheel on the dash.

johnownsall2

alright cool well now i no where the button is but now i gotta figure out why its not working none of those three buttons work i have no idea why what can be the problem? my hazzards dont work but my blinkers work and the defroster dont work either does my dome light or the lights near the mirrior what can be the problem??

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
Sounds like a bad fuse. Your instrument panel went out? Perhaps a wire exposed to metal somewhere in the dash. Have you done a radio install lately? Check the fuse, if it blows out again then you have a wire issue.

Last edited:

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
the fuse box is on the drivers side, down by the kick panel. You gotta get low and in there. If I were you I would check each fuse one by one using the little tool Acura so generously provides for you, or use a flat head but be careful not to drop the fuse into the abyss. Use the diagram behind the fuse cover to check for any missing fuses too.

johnownsall2

Well the one for interior lights was blown so my stupid friend wrapped a wire around the two prongs.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
the wired up fuse? I've never heard anyone do that. But I'm assuming he tried creating his own make-shift fuse with the wire. In that case, I doubt it would work like a normal fuse would. The only way to make it work is to replace the bad fuse with a new corresponding fuse.

johnownsall2

ok well i bought a fuse man and uhh it didnt change ne thing so idk what it could be and ima take a video later of the whoole wire. but when i take out the steero there is a litte light that turns on when u turn on the light havent figured out what tha tis but where should is start. and there is a unch of wires that are like cut behind the steero one wire doesnt go to ne thing would be the causing a eletrical problem but when i turn the dome light to door it turns on my clock?? where can i start guys please help

tisguy

did the fuse you replace break again? if the connection is broken, you probably have a short somewhere in the wiring.

Man A

homewreker
have you checked the big fuse? its at the same place the others are but its a lot bigger and youll need a phillips screwdriver to remove it. it might still have the grey cover over it, but its either green or red. its like a 40 or 50amp