fog light install help

BabyDoll

gf of obsessed teg driver
nautica_t said:
the oem harness is one wire. the wire is located behind the driver's side light, its a brown plug with a blue tape wrapped around it, and the other end is inside the cabin near the clutch pedal i believe or in that vicinity.
good luck
i wish i had the diagram still, but i misplaced it somewhere.

is this the same for the 98-01s or just the 94-97??

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i should get my girl to join, she listens to me talk about cars so much that she knows basically everything i say.:lol:

nautica_t

babydoll. should be the same thing. since the sirg had oem fog lights.
but i could be wrong
i don't own a 94-97 so i cannot confirm this sorry.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
IntegrasAreBest said:
awww shitt. this girl knows her shit.:suprise:
she learned from the best.aka me jk. but she loves forums. gives her something to do when she at work.

integra evan

Yeah 94-01 has that wire. I just used it yesterday to wire up my aftermarket fogs, makes it a much cleaner install and exposed no wires. I hooked the power to the switch to the fuseblock power source (12V when lights are turned on only) but as soon as I turned the lights and fogs on, there was a pop and all interior lights, tail lights and bumper lights went out. Great, blew the fuse. Luckily I was able to use the 10A spare fuse. I'll have to get the power from a different prong in the fuseblock, maybe the constant or accessory.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
congrads. NOW POST PICS!!!!!

integra evan

When I get my JDM fog switch and installed, I'll post pics. For now they're disconnected from any switch or power source.

nautica_t

so its officially confirmed than its on 94+
i had a feeling it would be there since the SiR-G had it so why wouldn't these ones have it. but hey good to know.
just be careful since they are aftermarket fogs that they may or may not overload that wire and short it out.
just a pre-cautionary.

integra evan

Yeah I'm getting the JDM fog switch and then installing the correct way, Hopefully it won't blow the fuse if I hook it up to a 30A relay and a fuse going from 12v constant to relay.