fog light install help

4banger

currently installing fog light. doing the wiring first. but i wanted to know how i can get wires through the fire wall so i can connect the switch. i know i can run them through the rubber insert near the clutch master cyl but is there anywhere else i can do it from. that rubber shit wont budge.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i havent done it yet... but if youre using the oem harness then you pretty much have to run it where it originally is supposed to go. otherwise it wont be the correct length.

nautica_t

if you're using oem fog lights than they have already prepped a wire for you to wire up, but if you're using aftermarket and you have to run the wires yourself than i suggest a coat hanger and just puncher the hole, but becareful not to hit any of the wires inside.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
all you gotta do like its been said already is just tape it to a piece of rod or coat hanger but what i did was i just used needle nose pliers and it worked well.

weksos

coat hanger taped with the wire to punch through is the method we use :thumbup:

nautica_t

heh tegsox. thats a long way to go for that route :p
but if you can't puncture the hole, get a knife and put a slit in it, but be very careful.

-> thats why you go oem ;)

integra evan

You could still wire it to the OEM wiring even if it is aftermarket. Get the right terminals and create your custom wiring kit with the OEM wiring!

nautica_t

the oem harness is one wire. the wire is located behind the driver's side light, its a brown plug with a blue tape wrapped around it, and the other end is inside the cabin near the clutch pedal i believe or in that vicinity.
good luck
i wish i had the diagram still, but i misplaced it somewhere.

nautica_t

that is correct, its power.
the ground is grounded to the ground loop also in that location behind the headlight.
and power is obtained from various location inside the vehicle.
i'll try to find the installation diagram for oem fogs.