Fake Type R?

siscoke

1329itr00 said:
i know a few people that didn't get the red stitch booting in their R... i wonder if the previous owner swapped it
mine doesnt have it either (and for the interior concerning everything is still stock)

siscoke

Shea said:
why did the this thread come back?? 5/05?
dunno didnt read it through (second page) so never noticed the date but indeed very strange :p

well this guys started it again "JimDCXC "

greetz sis

Alexs GSR

bumblebee & killer bee
TegSox said:
For a Type R, the first 8 digits will be:
JH4DC231

The "DC2" part represents a B18C engine, but doesn't specify B18C1 or B18C5.
The 1 at the end means Type R, if its a 4 in that 8th spot, it's an RS, a 5 means an LS, a 6 means a GS or an SE, an 8 means GSR and a 9 means a GSR with leather.
good info :thumbs up

integrayean said:
DC2 does not represent a B18C engine, it represents the chassis of the car
The DC2 chassis is also the only Integra chassis to come with a B18C motor

integrayean said:
only gs-r and type Rs come in DC2s
because they have B18C motors

integrayean said:
swapping in a type R or gs-r motor into a DC4 doesnt make your car a DC2
:smackself oh great now you tell me :lol:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If only I had made the decoder a while ago some of these arguements wouldnt have happened.

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

siscoke said:
mine doesnt have it either (and for the interior concerning everything is still stock)

no usdm type r or any other 94-01integra for that matter comes stock with the red stitched boot, only the jdm type r (not sure if the european did or not) came with them, now you know & knowing is half the battle, lol. :lol:

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
ya i was bouta reply to that guy then i saw how old it was and ne ways he has some pretty stupid reasoning behind his argument

sOuL

DJNAS said:
can you please tell me how to swap out a moon roof ...lol just messing with you ..lol
lol now thatsa good 1, hey tell us whats up with the type R after u look at it

siscoke

UNDERGROUNDAUTO said:
no usdm type r or any other 94-01integra for that matter comes stock with the red stitched boot, only the jdm type r (not sure if the european did or not) came with them, now you know & knowing is half the battle, lol. :lol:
well thx :p getting this old thread up turned out to be usefull afterall :p although the shiftbooth doesnt really interests me (i mean not that im goin to get the red stitches cause thats to obvious looking imho its so "look at my lil mitsu colt it has red stitches on the boot witch gives me a sporty feeling altough i only have 110hp" :p)

greetz sis

NOFX

hater
teggyls said:
^^yes it does go into the how to section and read the vin decoding article it says it right in there
DC2 actually IS the chassis code though. ;) Just like EJ8 (6th gen Civic EX coupe and sedan) and EK9 (6th gen Civic Type R hatch). I have a huge chassis list I've been making for awhile. It's posted on CC already (at least what I have so far).

Oh, and I haven't seen the VIN decoder here, but a lot of them are wrong. I have some from Honda that are correct at least. i think they're mostly for Civics though. Maybe I can get more of them sometime later.