Fake Type R?

dink

Hey,

I'm planning to go down to a dealership and look at a type r. The picture in the newspaper shows the type r with out the wing, and no type r decals.

When I'm down at the dealership, what should i look for that will tell the type R apart from a GS-R or any other integra.

Thanks

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
There's tons of ways. Here's some things Type R's have that no other Integra will:

-5 lug wheels
-Red stitching on the seats and shift boot
-Engine code will be B18C5
-A Type R strut tower bar
-The black plastic molding running along the bottom of the car under the doors are painted the color of the car
-8400 rpm redline
-No side moldings on the doors

Type R's don't have sunroof's, they only come standard, they only come 2 door, they only come in black, white and yellow.

Just a few...

Last edited:

dink

alright thanks,
all those stuff can be swapped in.....would VIN # show what type of integra it is?

ltrain

engine code thats all u need to look at and the title

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
dink said:
alright thanks,
all those stuff can be swapped in.....would VIN # show what type of integra it is?

can you please tell me how to swap out a moon roof ...lol just messing with you ..lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
dink said:
would VIN # show what type of integra it is?
For a Type R, the first 8 digits will be:
JH4DC231

The "DC2" part represents a B18C engine, but doesn't specify B18C1 or B18C5.
The 1 at the end means Type R, if its a 4 in that 8th spot, it's an RS, a 5 means an LS, a 6 means a GS or an SE, an 8 means GSR and a 9 means a GSR with leather.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
TegSox said:
There's tons of ways. Here's some things Type R's have that no other Integra will:

-5 lug wheels
-Red stitching on the seats and shift boot
-Engine code will be B18C5
-A Type R strut tower bar
-The black plastic molding running along the bottom of the car under the doors are painted the color of the car
-8400 rpm redline
-No side moldings on the doors

Type R's don't have sunroof's, they only come standard, they only come 2 door, they only come in black, white and yellow.

Just a few...
ding ding ding right on the nose

1329itr00

Type R
i know a few people that didn't get the red stitch booting in their R... i wonder if the previous owner swapped it

integrayean

inline4 whore
TegSox said:
For a Type R, the first 8 digits will be:
JH4DC231

The "DC2" part represents a B18C engine, but doesn't specify B18C1 or B18C5.
The 1 at the end means Type R, if its a 4 in that 8th spot, it's an RS, a 5 means an LS, a 6 means a GS or an SE, an 8 means GSR and a 9 means a GSR with leather.
DC2 does not represent a B18C engine, it represents the chassis of the car. only gs-r and type Rs come in DC2s, swapping in a type R or gs-r motor into a DC4 doesnt make your car a DC2

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
^^yes it does go into the how to section and read the vin decoding article it says it right in there

integrayean

inline4 whore
teggyls said:
^^yes it does go into the how to section and read the vin decoding article it says it right in there
so tell me why this 2002 honda civic si VIN # SHHEP3 has no DC5 in it? it has an engine code of K20A3