exhaust db too loud lol

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
i currently have a greddy evo2 exaust for my 94 integra lsvtec... it was a good idea at first but now after having broke in the exaust and my intake, it seems too much much deeper and louder which isnt bad but i find my friends getting pulled over for there exhasts for there db level and mine are louder lol...

<--- im thinking of getting a new catback exhaust that isnt so loud... does anyone have any suggestions...??? anyone else having similar problem???

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Greddy EVO 2 is actually one of the quieter exhaust sytems out there. The only ones that will be any quieter will be an RS*R ExMag or Twin loop design. I can vouch that the RS*R sounds good and is quiet with no buzzing ricer noises common to small displacement Honda's

Also, if you are running without a catalytic converter, that will make it alot louder

Winki

Undercover mod
BUDDY CLUB Spec II

Just kidding.... for a quiet exhaust i would also recomend the apexi world sport

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
stop being gay and just keep the greddy ... if you get a ticket you get a ticket

im so sick of people being scared of the cops when they soup up their cars.

lets see all the shit on my car thats illegal

too low
front windows tinted
non dot approved taillights
clear front turn signals with hiperwhite bulbs
no front plate
apexi n1 exhuast
generic intake without carb sticker

and no cop has ever asked me to pop the hood, ive been rolled once for tinted windows but got a warning after i passed a sobriety test, 1 ticket for no front plate it was a $10 processing fee to put it back on and get it signed off and nobodys every said anything about anything else.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Greddy EVO2 is CARB approved so they can't write you a ticket for it unless you are running a header and cat that aren't CARB legal. What is the rest of your exhaust setup?

Either way, the Greddy isn't too loud as far as catbacks go. It might have more to do with your header and cat combo

hatchman

i like the sp2 better i have bought it twice first on my ls/v-tec hatch which was loud and now i have it on my o2 si which isn't as bad i like it on there its just right what i think it s just the great old b's are just to loud when they have work done to them

nautica_t

rsr exmag is definitely a nice exhaust, its very quiet, but when you open it up, it gives you some grunt, but like dc2gsr said, it doesn't sound tinny.

i myself have skunk2, thats hella loud as well. but my buddy's are running spoon n1 and another running buddylub spec 3

and those are just as loud. :S

PogKai

B20VTEC
I had GReddy EVO2 when I bought the car and it was quite loud! I havn't tried it with my new motor.. Anyways I'd say GReddy SP2, APEX'i WS2, RS-R exmag

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
the greddy is pretty loud to me... my dads 02 civic ex also has the evo 2 but its much quieter than mine..

rsr is hard to find..

mteg

Automatic Lover
I have a apexi world sport with a dc header and skunk2 test pipe and its quiter than my buddies teg with greddy evo catback.