Engine swap

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Just follow the regulations/rules from BAR and you'll be safe.
your da can only have a B18a or B US or japanese market installed, OR US gsr (b18c1) or Type R (b18C5)

YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
1. motor that is from the same type of vehicle IE no B20, that is a truck motor, you have a car
2. if your motor is OBD2 YOU must convert to obd2 (has to be the same obd as the motor.)
3. DO NOT DOWNGRADE you have to have the same displacement or higher.
4. ALL sensors must be there
5. ALL smog equiptment the replacement motor came with MUST be present in your car
6. MUST be a clean swap, no ghetto rigging vtec up.
7. NO check engine lights
8. USDM ECU

once you did all this take it to BAR and Ref pass visual and get your stamp. its better to get the sticker so if you do swap you wont get harassed.

Vanceman231

Reading this thread and learning about these stupid laws California has makes me want to shoot some one mainly because I was planning on dropping a JDM B18C1 into my car.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
in wisconsin here u can swap any motor into any car theres been a big block ford into a nissan 240sx and a miata with a 5.0 mustang motor and for 95 and older u dont have to go to emmisions testing so we can turbo and run open down pipes but it sux i cant hook up my 99 ls integra but i got my da

94dc4

My name matches again lol
in wisconsin here u can swap any motor into any car theres been a big block ford into a nissan 240sx and a miata with a 5.0 mustang motor and for 95 and older u dont have to go to emmisions testing so we can turbo and run open down pipes but it sux i cant hook up my 99 ls integra but i got my da
I think here in the metroplex as long as you pass emissions and your windshield tags are up to date (there's ways around this too LOL) then pigs and the local government don't give two shits about what's under your hood (unless somethin has been reported stolen, maybe, but I haven't heard of any cases of that even being pursued around here). We have way too many other problems and not enough money to be worried about if the engine in someone's car came with it from the factory. In the rest of the state where they just do safety inspections then anything goes. Fuck Cali! HAHAHA I hate y'all have to go through so much shit over there just to have a bad ass car though.

A couple of SR20s would pull a premium one week before race wars...

Last edited:

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
I think here in the metroplex as long as you pass emissions and your windshield tags are up to date (there's ways around this too LOL) then pigs and the local government don't give two shits about what's under your hood (unless somethin has been reported stolen, maybe, but I haven't heard of any cases of that even being pursued around here). We have way too many other problems and not enough money to be worried about if the engine in someone's car came with it from the factory. In the rest of the state where they just do safety inspections then anything goes. Fuck Cali! HAHAHA I hate y'all have to go through so much shit over there just to have a bad ass car though.

A couple of SR20s would pull a premium one week before race wars...

lol @ race wars .......thats so fnf

92 eg hatch

SSS DR.EVIL
Reading this thread and learning about these stupid laws California has makes me want to shoot some one mainly because I was planning on dropping a JDM B18C1 into my car.
you can put a jdm motor in but you gotta have
1.usdm intakemanifold
2.usdm vtec solenoid
3.have all usdm smog emissions on thare
4.and the cat has to be on the car from gsr integra