ECU Warning Code 80

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Went to the dealer today and Im not spending $80 to diganose it when I already know wtf it is. Stupid ass holes.

NOFX

hater
Code 80 is for OBDII cars only ('96+). (And yes, gasoline vehicles have them too.)

Exhaust Gas Re-circulation
Malfunction with EGR system, insufficient flow.

All I could find about it in the manual though (I only have the '98-'01 manual...) :

Do you have a stock ECU?

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
NOFX said:
Do you have a stock ECU?
Yes. The only aftermarket modification is springs, shocks, wheels and tires. Engine is 100% stock.

I do not have a change in gas mileage, but my mom drove the car and she says it feels a bit sluggish. Not a lot, but very minimal.

NOFX

hater
Also, looks like your buddy on TI might be wrong... according to threads I see on H-T peopelo are asking about the EGRs they DO have on their Civics and Integras.

I do see a lot of people saying at least most B-series motors don't have EGRs though. :???:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah, umm...that guy I got that information from is suspposed to be a bad ass and know a lot of shit. That's why I hate people that don't know what they're talking about posting up the wrong information. I can't find that much info on this code and what it could be, though.

NOFX

hater
Winki said:
did you make sure your gas cap was cloosed al the way??????????????//
You're thinking of code 91 (Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor low input). Usually if you just tighten the cap up again it will go away on it's own in the next couple days. If not, just reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for ten seconds or so and then reconnect it.