dyno questions

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
First off, the ITR engines are over rated from the factory. Secondly, there is no telling what that engine went through before making it to our shores

A PR3 head comes from B16A's and the Type R B18C's. The easiest way verify if it's an ITR head would be to look for green paint by the distributor that Honda's uses to mark ITR heads from the factory.

yunwawa

well the type R race pistons are in there but the intake mani is some cheap thing or off the gsr from what i've read and seen. I've been tossing around the idea of having some headwork done in general. I need to refer to my work bible a buddy gave me. first things first though I'm getting a lightweight crank pulley.

yunwawa

it does have the green paint.. Well case closed, time to get some pulleys!! boy my wife is going to be pissed. just bought the car and already buying parts under a month old.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
well the type R race pistons are in there but the intake mani is some cheap thing or off the gsr from what i've read and seen.
Type R race pistons? Type R pistons are just Type R pistons, there are no Type R race pistons.
An IM for a GSR wouldn't fit to a ITR head, different bolt patterns.