Driving Speeds

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
dont quote me on this but i believe on a stock LS the best shift point is like 5600 or so. thats where you get the most torque. but that just when racing... not daily driving. but someone correct me if im wrong on the shift point... i know its close to it im just not 100% sure

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Just like you said, slow_99integra, the best way is to spend the money and the 3 hours and get your car dyno'd by a good shop.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
if you look at the dyno charts of the engine and calculate the torque to the wheels after it goes through each gear and the final drive then you can see optimum shift points. redline in 2nd gear puts down more torque than 5k in 3rd or whatever it lands at when you shift. it takes a car with a really weak top end or really strong mid range or a combo of both to make redline shifting not the fastest. your gear ratios multiply torque to the ground....get a dyno chart, your gear ratio's, your final drive and the points where the rpms land when you shift and do some math. the redline works best on pretty much any honda

TekBuDDy

my shit red lines at 7200....i heard shifting before 3000 saves gas?

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
shifting before 3000 doesnt really save gas... its more that stomping on the gas pedal uses more gas