correct suspension to use for K-series swap

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
omgherb said:
10k no way!!! never does it cost that much for motor and trans i can get motor and trans axels for about $3700 and motors mounts are about $700
Where did you find motor mounts... no one makes them that I know of because of the clearance not avalible...

omgherb said:
...so im going with B20tec turbo swap i will be placing photos up so look out for them
Good call. Only problem is I've heard that B20 blocks don't like boost. Don't get me wrong, thats what I would love to do with my car! Good luck with it man! thats a little more reasonable! lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Kuchtaboy said:
Only problem is I've heard that B20 blocks don't like boost. Don't get me wrong, thats what I would love to do with my car! Good luck with it man! thats a little more reasonable! lol
They have weak cylinder walls. Oh well, it gives you a reason to resleeve the block and build the engine with some good internals :D

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
tisguy said:
yea I was overestimating, but anything costing me over 5gs I like to put a higher sticker price on it so it discourages me more =P. but that b20 swap is a lot more reasonable if you think about it.
crazy as hell how you going say i add on a few more dollars so it discourage u more thats funny yea i got you though

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
dc2GS-R said:
They have weak cylinder walls. Oh well, it gives you a reason to resleeve the block and build the engine with some good internals :D
dats why i fuck with you guys lol dam i never knew that the b20 cylinders was weak but i have heard that if i wanted to go turbo on a b-series motor ls and gsr blocks was the best what ya think. b20 is more like a ls bored out right (if im wrong dont diss me lol im just asking cause im unsure)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes. The B20 is essentially an LS bored out to 84mm. There are few other small differences but to make a long story short, that's the main one

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
best bang for the buck swap, H22. this one also has some clearance issues as it is a much taller motor than a b-series. but this swap can be done at a MUUCH more reasonable price than a K. you get 220hp right out of the box, which is MORE than the K. i think the K has it in torque though, but not sure considering the displacement (H22 = 2.2l) (K20 2.0l) K24 =2.4l

not long after the K came out, they started frankensteining those motors as well. now if you want real NA power/torque, you go with a K24 block (for the extra displacement/torque) with a K20 head for the top end power. a modern day LS vtec, as most vehicles that came with K24's didn't have VTEC (well, i-VTEC now). i might be wrong on that one though so DON'T quote me on it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
hondagod_666 said:
as most vehicles that came with K24's didn't have VTEC (well, i-VTEC now).
You are right, most K24 don't have the good version of i-VTEC. The only K24 that came with it is the K24A2 out of the TSX.

K24A1
2002-2006 Honda CR-V
K24A2
2004-2006 Acura TSX
K24A3
2003-2006 Honda Accord (Europe, Japan, and Australia)
K24A4
2003-2005 Honda Accord, 2003-2006 Honda Element
K24A8
2006/2007 Honda Accord

hondagod_666 said:
i might be wrong on that one though so DON'T quote me on it
We won't quote you. :lol:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
:lol:

Sorry! I had to. lol Atleast I didn't prove you wrong, I proved you right :thumbs up