Comptech USA

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
They dont make anything for my car so it dosent really matter to me. EM Racing sponsers G2IC, so I know where I'm getting all my bars.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Ominous G2 said:
They dont make anything for my car so it dosent really matter to me. EM Racing sponsers G2IC, so I know where I'm getting all my bars.
Damn man you already go 3000+ posts, youre on a mission

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I already have an Icebox, so I definitley have one of their short rams to go with it on my future mods list. Comptech is good stuff. I know this threads old, but it would still be cool to get them as a sponsor.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
If theire stuff weren't so overpriced, i,d riced out my car with their products a long time ago,,,, good stuff

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
TegSox said:
I already have an Icebox, so I definitley have one of their short rams to go with it on my future mods list. Comptech is good stuff. I know this threads old, but it would still be cool to get them as a sponsor.
hows the icebox? how would you compare it to other intakes? is it identical to the mugen? i'm interested in purchasing one.

but yea, it'd be cool to have comptech as a sponsor. i'll try to spread the word of C-I by posting it on my signatures on other forums so we can get some more active users. it'll be a good thing for everyone... haha

siscoke

22 active members on this forum and one of them is from europe ;) so not really a possible client for comptech usa since i order my comptech parts at R-speed.be (belgian tuner and comptech importer)

:p

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The only other intake I've had is an AEM CAI. I didn't dyno between the two, but my car wasn't much different at the track I guess. The Icebox is a copy of the Mugen, virtually identical gains for 1/3 the price. According to King Motorsports, the Mugen only fits in Type R's without AC anyway. The Icebox has some advantages over the AEM:
-Much quieter.
-Easier to get at the filter when it needs cleaning.
-Filter stays cleaner longer because it's better protected.
-No chance of hydrolocking.
-Better throttle response at high rpm's.

It's hard to rice out a car with parts that aern't rice, cabezzz. :???:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
It's hard to rice out a car with parts that aern't rice, cabezzz. :???:[/QUOTE]
I know, just kidding, i'm working and really bored

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
sounds good, and good thing i didn't buy the authentic mugen one since it only fit type r's.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I figured you were kidding around, cuz Comptech is da bomb! :D

Yeah, and only in Type R's with no AC at that. $715+shipping at Kingmotorsports, for a dang intake! They're also charging $360+shipping for the same Comptech Icebox you can get anywhere else (like IPS RACING) for $165. Maybe their price includes the short ram section, but they don't say it does.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i want the comptech rear sway but im doing the diy ice box when i get some damn time and its not freezing

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
you gotta let me know how the sway bar is cause i really want it but i wanna know what its really gonna be like

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah man...I'm ordering the intake this friday and if all goes well the tie bar/sway bar combo next friday.

speedin

The Transporter
TegSox said:
The only other intake I've had is an AEM CAI. I didn't dyno between the two, but my car wasn't much different at the track I guess. The Icebox is a copy of the Mugen, virtually identical gains for 1/3 the price. According to King Motorsports, the Mugen only fits in Type R's without AC anyway. The Icebox has some advantages over the AEM:
-Much quieter.
-Easier to get at the filter when it needs cleaning.
-Filter stays cleaner longer because it's better protected.
-No chance of hydrolocking.
-Better throttle response at high rpm's.

It's hard to rice out a car with parts that aern't rice, cabezzz. :???:
i have the same thing. i just utilize the stock box, and it has a sealed pipe underneath it (copying comptechs design. with a KnN filter