Cold air or ram air intake

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
290 for the aem sri is a RIP OFF. Imo there no point of wasting even close to that on 2-3 whp IF that.

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
No not at all...Just have to the the intake box off (forgot the actual name) and the resonator which is in the bottom.You have to get under the car. And you may have to move the splash guards a little or not depending on if you have patience lol since its a pretty tight space. This is how it was on my dc2 not sure on your year.But if your do get one you see how easy it installs.Just buy one from a seller on ebay with a EXCELLENT rating because sometimes they dont come in perfect fitment

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
290 for the aem sri is a RIP OFF. Imo there no point of wasting even close to that on 2-3 whp IF that.
yeah i'm thinking they are reading it wrong and they actually mean its the cai and not a sri.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
man the advanced auto by me must be screwed up then. I called them and asked again and they told me they only have a sri for my car and its 289.99. not sure what they are looking at then. I'll probably just end up getting either the cai or sri off ebay.

They were looking at the cai. What a suprise, the guy at the part store was a moron.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I got looking at some of the sponsors on this site and came across the Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake. Is this a good intake or not. I never heard of them before and didn't see anything in my searches.

hondaproof

hondaproof
You won't have to move anything to put in the aem cai. But if you want to save some bank,get the tube on ebay and buy an aem or a k&n filter. But a rai will preserve your filter. You can run a tube to it to get cool air. I raked my hood today and so far it seems to kill some of the under hood temp.

teggyboy21

I got looking at some of the sponsors on this site and came across the Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake. Is this a good intake or not. I never heard of them before and didn't see anything in my searches.
Yes, the Weapon-R is an excellent intake. My boy had one on his celica it sounded really nice and greatly improved his mpg. IMO spending a lot of money on an intake is a waste considering that even generic ones are basically all made with the same materials, so your really just paying for the name. I never cheap out on anything for my cars except for the intake, I've bought all my intakes off ebay and had much success with them.

teggyboy21

What's the price tag on the weapon r?
They run anywhere from about $120.00-$170.00 for our cars. The filter on the weapon-r is what makes it superior to other aftermarket intakes. The filter is made out of polyurethane foam which supports a higher air flow and better filtration. They have a dyno sheet proving that this intake is capable of making up to 7.2 WHP which I don't know how entirely true that is. I still would not pay that much for a part that really is going to be adding 2 to 3 WHP tops.

teggyboy21

well ERZ has a sale for CI right now so its 169.74 and that is with free shipping, Ram air 2 kit , Cleaning kit and Supra Matrix Breather filter, Filter Shield and Cleaning kit. heres the link for the one that fits my car.
http://www.eracingzone.com/Weapon-R-secret-intake-system-ACURA-1990-93-INTEGRA-ALL-MODELS-301-112-101-p-38064.html
You can buy it off ebay for $121.00 plus shipping. Not a bad deal for a Weapon-R.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-Integra-90-93-WeaponR-DRAGON-shortram-intake_W0QQitemZ190298940360QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item190298940360&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
that one is a different model. Its only 109 thru erz. the dragon i believe is there sri whereas the secret intake system is more of a cai. I'm not positive on that though. here is the dragon thru erz.
http://www.eracingzone.com/Weapon-R-Dragon-Intake-ACURA-1990-93-INTEGRA-ALL-MODELS-801-112-101-p-38873.html

ACURAinTEGraKID

You won't have to move anything to put in the aem cai. But if you want to save some bank,get the tube on ebay and buy an aem or a k&n filter. But a rai will preserve your filter. You can run a tube to it to get cool air. I raked my hood today and so far it seems to kill some of the under hood temp.
I am new to working on cars, so I was just wondering how I would go about raking my hood.

Yes, the Weapon-R is an excellent intake. My boy had one on his celica it sounded really nice and greatly improved his mpg. IMO spending a lot of money on an intake is a waste considering that even generic ones are basically all made with the same materials, so your really just paying for the name. I never cheap out on anything for my cars except for the intake, I've bought all my intakes off ebay and had much success with them.
Was it really loud to where it could be considered illegal for a daily driver?

well ERZ has a sale for CI right now so its 169.74 and that is with free shipping, Ram air 2 kit , Cleaning kit and Supra Matrix Breather filter, Filter Shield and Cleaning kit. heres the link for the one that fits my car.
http://www.eracingzone.com/Weapon-R-secret-intake-system-ACURA-1990-93-INTEGRA-ALL-MODELS-301-112-101-p-38064.html
Thanks for posting that, even though its only 10 bucks cheaper its 10 more to spend on other parts.