Cold air or ram air intake

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
So the next thing I want to get for my 93 integra gs is an air intake system. I Know there are a lot of threads on this topic already but I just want to see what you guys think. I was looking on ebay and saw some AEM short ram intakes. Do you think I should go with something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-SHORT-RAM-INTAKE-ACURA-INTEGRA-90-93-RED-22-402R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem350187366448QQitemZ350187366448QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories for 143.99 w/ free shipping or look somewhere else. thanks for the input.

Last edited:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
man you"ll be happy with that, i know i just saw the same thing for about $20.00 less but i cant remember where.

hondaproof

hondaproof
get a ram air and just run some ducting into the engine bay.i did it that way with some screens in the ducting, and the filter didnt get as dirty.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
AEM short rams have a great sound. That seems about the same price as retail. I think you could find one for much cheaper if you wait it out.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I went to advanced auto today and saw that they sold aem ram air intakes. They want 290 plus tax for it. I guess I'll go with the one off ebay.

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
I personally would just get a cold air from ebay unless it rains ALOT where you live and theres a lot of deep puddles. I got one a cold air from ebay for my gsr and just painted it black with Hi-Temp paint it helps keep it slightly cooler since ebay piping is cheap-o stuff lol.But thats something i do its your choice in painting it.And cold air over short ram anyday,you dont want to be sucking in the hot air from your engine bay :)

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
The short ram air is 100!
man the advanced auto by me must be screwed up then. I called them and asked again and they told me they only have a sri for my car and its 289.99. not sure what they are looking at then. I'll probably just end up getting either the cai or sri off ebay.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I personally would just get a cold air from ebay unless it rains ALOT where you live and theres a lot of deep puddles. I got one a cold air from ebay for my gsr and just painted it black with Hi-Temp paint it helps keep it slightly cooler since ebay piping is cheap-o stuff lol.But thats something i do its your choice in painting it.And cold air over short ram anyday,you dont want to be sucking in the hot air from your engine bay :)
this may be a stupid question but is it much harder to install the cai. Someone was telling me that they had to relocate some stuff and cut stuff out inorder to get it to fit. I'm not sure as I am kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff.