Clutch replacement

wite2nr

hey how long do people break in their new clutches? i'm guessing 500 miles, and i haven't shifted over 3K, about right?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'd go atleast 750 miles. But it all depends on what kind of driving you do. I waited 1,000 miles after I changed my clutch on my GSR to even consider getting on it or hard shifting. But at the time I was doing shitloads of freeway driving. Stop and go traffic and lots of city driving will break a clutch in much more quickly. 500 is alright if you sit in traffic all day everyday

Keep in mind though, it's better safe than sorry. Waiting a little longer is better than have to pull it back apart soon

heykosal

Angkorian
I'd go atleast 750 miles. But it all depends on what kind of driving you do. I waited 1,000 miles after I changed my clutch on my GSR to even consider getting on it or hard shifting. But at the time I was doing shitloads of freeway driving. Stop and go traffic and lots of city driving will break a clutch in much more quickly. 500 is alright if you sit in traffic all day everyday

Keep in mind though, it's better safe than sorry. Waiting a little longer is better than have to pull it back apart soon
Exactly.

wite2nr

what are the drawbacks of not breaking in a clutch correctly. and i do mostly city driving, stop and go.

Target

Acura Tech
Ahhh the life and times of parking lot projects... so glad to have a lift now....and good hand soap.

wite2nr

yea that would have been nice. ill post pics when i get them uploaded. did the clutch and dropped same time.