Clunker: My Fan won't work....

89Tegra

I do have a question regarding the Motor for the sun roof, i found the manual over-ride, thinking it was the adjusting nut for the motor but it was not. I am curious on the reason its fine opening the sun roof but when it comes to closing it the damn thing doesn't have any balls.

Can someone on this forum give me any information because i cant find jack shit in the damn manual about this issue; and as a chick I would love my sun-roof to work.. I have been slowly working on this car MYSELF! with some minor help from the manual and this forum.

gugiey

wow a girl in to cars !! I wish I lived near you haha . I'll try and help a bit .

your thermostat is pretty easy to test when it is out of the car . if you have like a hot plate . put a bowl full of water . and place your thermostat in the cold water put mechanics wire around it so you can take it out when it's hot .

start warming the water up with your hotplate and make sure to watch the temp.
I'm not to sure what the spec is for honda thermostat
but you should be able to see if open when it reaches 110-130 depending on If it's stock or not . might wanna double check on line .

for your fan. if it works with you just hooking it right to power I would check the wires going to the fan. seems like there might be corrosion or broken wires some where hidden in the loom ( loom is the black stuff that covers most of the wires in the engine bay .

look at where the wire connects to the power and where it grounds . they could be lose .

if that isn't enough you can go to a pick your parts junkyard and just cut the wires from that rad .
you could probably get those for 5 bucks maybe less.

if this doesn't solve the problem then it could be somewhere different.

now for your sun roof . if you spray some wd 40 on it or some grease . then try it.

if that don't work when it's closing try this .
when it's closing slowing . gentle push up on the glass to see if it helps it move .

well I hope you fix your problems . and I hope you continue learning about your car that's awesome the passion you have trying to fix your car. some girls would give it to daddy to fix because they don't wanna get there hands dirty or don't wanna learn .

so keep up the good work

89Tegra

Hahah Thanks for your help.

The only problem now with my car is the sunroof I was able to fix the back wiper myself. I dont mind getting my hands dirty, my motto is you drive it you fix it and im not like allot of girls, I put the front end back together with my friend which was another female. I was told 2 blondes dont make a right....

I just cant figure out why the sunroof is fine opening and not closing, I'll have to check the wires by the back hatch to see if any are loose, I have tired the WD40 and it didnt work.. just made my car stink.

The car's previous owner hit the center divider, so the front end of the acura goes to the right. I dont think that would have anything to do with the wires to the motor for the sun roof. Other then that my passenger and back hatch pissers dont work.. i tried to clean them was able to blow through them myself with out any tube, but when i put it back on the car it didnt piss, the back hatch pisser doesnt squirt or dribble but i was told that everything worked before the previous owner sold it to me.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Does it bump a bit when opening? It almost sounds like you just need to grease the tracks for the sunroof and clean them out real good.

89Tegra

Does it bump a bit when opening? It almost sounds like you just need to grease the tracks for the sunroof and clean them out real good.
No bumping at all actually it opens like nothings wrong, but when it comes to closing it doesnt matter if the car is moving or on and just sitting in the driveway or on the street, you can hear it trying to push but it doesnt move at all, when i try to push it with my hand i have to really really push with both hands gripping the middle front knob and try or get someone to help (before i found the manual over-ride in the back )

I tried to use WD 40 several times, but nothing has changed, cleaning on the other hand sounds like a good idea but how? but taking the whole thing apart and cleaning the rails or taking everything out and cleaning everything ??

should i still check the wires in the back to see if they are loose or not connected??

gugiey

No bumping at all actually it opens like nothings wrong, but when it comes to closing it doesnt matter if the car is moving or on and just sitting in the driveway or on the street, you can hear it trying to push but it doesnt move at all, when i try to push it with my hand i have to really really push with both hands gripping the middle front knob and try or get someone to help (before i found the manual over-ride in the back )

I tried to use WD 40 several times, but nothing has changed, cleaning on the other hand sounds like a good idea but how? but taking the whole thing apart and cleaning the rails or taking everything out and cleaning everything ??

should i still check the wires in the back to see if they are loose or not connected??
if you can hear it trying to close then I don't think it's a wire problem .

if you have your owners manual maybe it can help with the dissemble not sure

and for your wind shield wiper fluid . I would check the pump it's self . but I'm not sure if it's a pump or what to make it work . so if you cleaned the lines then maybe where the hoses connect are clogged .