Cam Gears? whats a good brand for my teg?

RvisionGSR

i been looking at alotta cam gears lately reading up on whats good and whats not. im really interested in skunk2 cam gears. anyone diss agree or have another suggestion? let me know and help out a fellow integra driver haha.

DownShift96GSR

Go with Skunk2 cams and camshafts and valves and shit like that. They know their stuff man especially on B series motors.

Baldy201

There really is no diffrence in cam gears. The only diffrence is the markings, and weather or not they are easy to read. I have the AEM ones and I like them. I have not seen other ones so i cant really compare.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
ive also got the AEMs and they work well

jdmgsr04

you can go with toda cam gears and toda camshafts or you want jdm cam gears and cam shafts you can get spoon or oem ITR cam gears and camshafts

Baldy201

Toda is JDM but there is no diffrence between JDM gears and USDM gears besides price and the name.

DownShift96GSR

Spoon is some good shiznit man. If you go with those, be ready to cough up some change. Their stuff ain't cheap but it's damn good quality.

hyper98gsr

1st off...nice avatar.

2nd cam gears are cam gears. they are all made from the same 6061 t6 aluminum.(# is basically how they heat treated the aluminum). aem claims to have laser-etched markings for more precision. either way like baldy said, you are paying for a name.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I wouldn't trust anything but the best for such a vital valvetrain component, particularly since the best in this catagory is well within reach, price-wise. A slipped cam gear at 8,000+ rpm's can result in catastrophic damage to your engine's valvetrain, pistons and head. If you going to spend $150-$200 on Skunk2, AEM ect., what's another $50 for a set of Toda's or Spoon gears? (which, for the record, are the same thing).