CAI for Ls or ITR??

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
i kno there cheap...but u need all this other shit to mount it...i kinda wanna do it but i dunno...

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
1990TeGLs said:
i kno there cheap...but u need all this other shit to mount it...i kinda wanna do it but i dunno...
no my friend! all you need is the swap from a obd0 car, you can use all your old mounts, it drops right in!

BTW: this thread has been jacked! 8)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Getting a larger diameter intake tube will move your peak intake airflow velocity/volumetric efficiency to a higher rpm. This will shift you powerband higher in the rpm range. You may gain 1 or 2 HP high in the rpm's, but it will be at the sacrifice of low end/midrange HP and TQ. A 3 inch intake arm on an LS is very big, I would only recommend going that big if you have a major NA build in store for your B18B. The LS intake designed by AEM (or any company) strikes a good balance for making maximum gains throughout the rpm range. Bigger insn't necessarily better, you want the ideal size that is appropriate for your desired powerband location in your particular engine package.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
IntegrasAreBest said:
what i meant is that with an ls we have no power up top 5-6500 rpm. the type r cai helps with some power up there granted you have i/h/e and you have been tuned. power is not just gained by slapping on intakes, header, etc., everything is in the tune.
I understand and know all of this... So for my money would you say go for the type-R CAI? It will only have an intake for a while, then H/E/C...

I live in MD, and NJ probably has worse weather, but the CAI doesnt suck up much water? I mean we have a good amount of rain and sometimes snow in winter..not worth it?

Jmoney187

LivinLow
TegSox said:
Getting a larger diameter intake tube will move your peak intake airflow velocity/volumetric efficiency to a higher rpm. This will shift you powerband higher in the rpm range. You may gain 1 or 2 HP high in the rpm's, but it will be at the sacrifice of low end/midrange HP and TQ. A 3 inch intake arm on an LS is very big, I would only recommend going that big if you have a major NA build in store for your B18B. The LS intake designed by AEM (or any company) strikes a good balance for making maximum gains throughout the rpm range. Bigger insn't necessarily better, you want the ideal size that is appropriate for your desired powerband location in your particular engine package.
Thank you very much for clearing that up dude seriously!
I'm going for mid-range power in the rpm's so i will just stick to the 2.5" CAI...but i dont kno about this bypass valve?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I wouldn't worry about getting a bypass valve. I live in New Hampshire, I had an AEM CAI for 3 full years (April 2001 to April 2004), I never had a hydrolock incident. It takes a big amount of water to hit the filter at the same time to actually suck it up into the engine. It stays fairly well protected by the wheel well splash guard that extends from the wheel well area forward to the front bumper.

1990TeGLs

i dont think u will have a hydro lock problem unless u go rippin the shit outta ur car in the rain

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i never had a problem in my accord with my CAI but on my ls i have a SRI and i love the sound

1990TeGLs

i like hearing the cold airs suck up all the air though...sounds nice on my bros S u can really hear it sucking all the air vooo vooo voo