CAI for Ls or ITR??

Jmoney187

LivinLow
I'm ordering my AEM CAI for my 2000 Ls, and i've heard that you can put a type-R intake on it becuz it goes down farther or something?? Also is the piping bigger becuz the Ls piping is 2.5" and ITR's 3.0" (i think)
And will the bypass vavle fit on either intake as long as its the right size?

THanks Joey

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
so do you have an intake for a LS or Type-R??

But the bypass valve, you just need to know the size of the piping to get the right valve!

k624ash

i dont know much about it but i would assume aem made two different intakes for a reason. If the itr intake does a better job than the ls intake, than why would they sell the ls intake at all? I think you would do better to buy the one made for your engine

ddawgs2000

Id go with the one for your LS. AEM dose major testing on their intake systems. If you get the right intake for your car AEM also carries the bypass vavle for that intake. Just to let you know you might have to get the CAI cut into 2 peices.

Last edited:

Baldy201

The only difftence between the LS and ITR is the size of the pipe as you stated above. 2.5"-3.0" If you have a modded car with something more than just IHE then go for the ITR intake.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
i have the aem type r cai for my ls and it is glorious. the sound and power delivery it gives ls's in relatively no power upper rpm range is decent . i recommend it. :p

Jmoney187

LivinLow
IntegrasAreBest said:
i have the aem type r cai for my ls and it is glorious. the sound and power delivery it gives ls's in relatively no power upper rpm range is decent . i recommend it. :p
What do you mean... Its good for the ls or not. Lots of mid-range but no high range gains??

Do you know if it runs better then a 2.5" ls CAI

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
what i meant is that with an ls we have no power up top 5-6500 rpm. the type r cai helps with some power up there granted you have i/h/e and you have been tuned. power is not just gained by slapping on intakes, header, etc., everything is in the tune.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
please do not waste your time on the aem bypass valve. if you live in an area where you see HEAVY rainfall and huge puddles of water, then by all means buy it. But if you don't, dont bother with it.i have my cai intake on through the jersey rainy season and our terrible snow storms and i have been fine. just did a compression check yesterday and numbers are smooth and consistent acorss the board. and if you can squeeze it in, convert to obd1. obd2 is so restrictive and gay. with obd1 your car will feel really different. i will be converting soon..good luck

Last edited: