cabin vibrations from motor mount inserts?

lsvtecmyke

my es motor mount inserts and shifter bushings should be coming soon. my motor mounts are pretty old, and im going to replace them, should i get aftermarket or stock?

DC2LSVTEC

lsvtecmyke said:
my es motor mount inserts and shifter bushings should be coming soon. my motor mounts are pretty old, and im going to replace them, should i get aftermarket or stock?
stock ones

well, I fixed everything I could

replaced my rims, replaced both upper and lower control arms, and that part that looks like a fork (part that hooks up onto the shock, and bolts up to the lower control arm, brake rotors, pads and got my wheels rotated and balanced, twice and the car still vibrates from 30-40mph (recently met a curb) wheel bearing is still good, everything bolted down good, any ideas what it could be?

DC2LSVTEC

DC2LSVTEC said:
stock ones

well, I fixed everything I could

replaced my rims, replaced both upper and lower control arms, and that part that looks like a fork (part that hooks up onto the shock, and bolts up to the lower control arm, brake rotors, pads and got my wheels rotated and balanced, twice and the car still vibrates from 30-40mph (recently met a curb) wheel bearing is still good, everything bolted down good, any ideas what it could be?

another thing, got all my motor mount inserts installed except the prothane upper driver side motor mount, as of now, the car launches great

konig16

LS Vtec=:)
i got hasport mounts in my car n it shakes like crazy but its really only when the car is out of gear but once im driving you cant really feel it... could be just cuz im used to it now though not sure :lol:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I have an innovative front mount, with the street bushing. She shakes a little bit, its better that way. Makes it feel like a car.

95jdmdc4

yep the mounts tend to make stuff vibrate a little more than the factory ones but good thing is your motor will not move at all.