cabin vibrations from motor mount inserts?

DC2LSVTEC

anybody have the energy suspension motor mount inserts or the prothane motor mount inserts? or have any experience with them? any clue on how bad the cabin vibrations are?

ltrain

i have the es ones its not bad, it tends to go away and i dont even notice it anymore,

XSI_DA_IN_TN

Put some hard ass ones in mine. Not sure what kind, but I HATED THEM. Took them out and threw them. Shook everything.

ltrain

DC2LSVTEC said:
anybody have the energy suspension motor mount inserts or the prothane motor mount inserts? or have any experience with them? any clue on how bad the cabin vibrations are?
if your gonna get em get the energy suspension inserts not the generic brand

speedin

The Transporter
ltrain said:
if your gonna get em get the energy suspension inserts not the generic brand
yes! very true. but u will get shaking even with the best. u have to make sacrifices

onepoint-gsr

I've got the avid aluminum ones and when I first put them it everything vibrated, but over time they have gotten broken in and now there not to bad.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i got prothene mounts in my car and es waiting till spring to go in when you first put them in it vibrates like crazy after a week or so the settle in and you wont even notice it theres still a lil vibration in the car but nothing you cant deal with, just be ready for that first start up lol

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
Ominous G2 said:
So when you first put them in, dump all the change out of the ash tray.
ya seriously i try to keep change and ne thing out of the door pockets that can vibrate cause thats the thing that gets annoying cause the lil cab vibrations turns into a big one if you got stuff that can make noise like change or loose cds

DC2LSVTEC

did anybody notice an improvement in launching after having 3 of the motor mount inserts installed and then the 2 other ones? ie: ES inserts, then prothane or prothane then ES

g3teg97

Super Moderator
teggyls said:
ya seriously i try to keep change and ne thing out of the door pockets that can vibrate cause thats the thing that gets annoying cause the lil cab vibrations turns into a big one if you got stuff that can make noise like change or loose cds
Especially with the door pockets. I keep my garage door opener in there but it's not horrible, just annoying sometimes when sitting at a red light with no music on. :x

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i noticed a huge difference in launching with the prothene inserts that why i got the ES mounts to just complete it and make it that much better

DC2LSVTEC

are you using the street or race insert from the prothane kit? and did u remove both sleeves in the driver side motor mount? or just the first sleeve?

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i still havent put that one in im gonna go with the street one and you have to completely gut out the old mount to install the prothane ones