Building D16A1?

A&RMotorsports

Street Beast
Hey guys, ive got a bone stock (other then a cold air that came with it) 89 teggy, D16A1 block/head 1.6L DOHC M/T

I'm wondering, rather then spending all the money to find a motor/trans and new front suspension setup + lack the P/S and A/C from a B series motor, would a D16 be worth putting a little money into? Building the internals, new ignition setup/exaust/turbo?

What do you guys think? Can a D16A1 be worth building and what kind of power could i make from it?

A&RMotorsports

Street Beast
It always is! I don't mind the work, as long as it will be "worth it" im not expecting to smoke evo's etc, but I atleast want to make an 89 teggy, with a d16 look like one hell of a ride!

A&RMotorsports

Street Beast
Ok... so ive been looking through difference performance retailers etc, and i havent found jack diddly, for the D16A1 motor, not much besides timing gears haha, i want to beef it up a bit, build the internals, run slightly larger cams, possibly turbo'd later, fuel injection mods etc, anyone know where i can find these parts for the d6a1?

Its the little guy, 1.6L DOHC non vtech

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
look into a ZC head. I just met a guy today that had his D with a ZC head on it boosted wtih a little turbo making he said 185 hp.

not too bad if you ask me! lol

ghost_xero

Sword of Swords!
it depends, they have boring kits u can buy to bore ur header urself...and stuff like that...if u have the know how do it urself

A&RMotorsports

Street Beast
so... after hearing alot from people that work at performance shops etc, the d16 has very limited aftermarket stuff available, and poor engine management systems, they recommended doing a b16 swap? can it be done?

and if it can, which b16? theres like 4 lol let me know! i wanna get this car goin

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
It can absolutely be done, and has been. HASport makes a mount kit (or at least they use to :lol:).

The easiest B16 swap for you would be the OBD 0 B16A SiR swap. There's a write-up somewhere on this forum on how to do a G1 teg B16 swap; if I remember correctly it's pretty good. You'd need a harness/need to modify your stock harness, a cable trans, ecu to get you started - along with mounts and a long block obviously.

Here's a decent write-up that should at least let you know what you're in for:
http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/1st-gen-integra-swap-overview-da-29119/

Oh yeah you need to find axles too. And from skimming that link it seems you need to source a manual steering rack from a 3rd-gen civic.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Why put in a B16 when you can put in a B18? More displacement, practically the same for everything else.

89shitegra

your honestly better off boostin the d16...bisimoto.com sells supertec valves, retainers, and regirnds stock cams for n/a turbo or nitrous. a stock sohc piston is the same bore as a d16a1 75.00mm so an upgraded piston for a sohc would work and it would lower the compression to a more boost friendly compression ratio and they sell rods for the d16a1 on ebay so did you really look into this at all? its 350 for the b16 mount kit, then you gotta get a 90-93 teg intermediat shaft, then get the axles for the swap which run 500ish and then buy your motor and trans n hook it up. o and obdo cars can be tuned with chrome and a few other engine management systems so its all up to what you wanna spend ur loot on....just research research research