Best NA Teg title defense underway!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I bought a Comptech SRI for the Teg to replace the stock arm. It's just under 3 inches interior diameter. I already had the Icebox.

Not the best pics, not the best camera, lol. Install was a piece of cake of course. I was hoping the arm was tapered like the stock arm is (diameter gets smaller from the filter end to the TB, this helps accelerate air flow towards the TB) but it is not.
Hopefully I can get a new ECU tune done by the beginning of April when the track opens. I still haven't gotten a retune since installing the Hytech header last summer. I'm so ashamed, lol. The dyno before and after the Hytech header is nutty, way up and down all over the place because the Hytech flows so incredibly better than the JDM ITR header did, needs a tune bad.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Intake looks good

Well April is almost here so get it tuned. I wanna see some new numbers with some good tires

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, the Comptech SRI came with a new filter, but when I bought the Icebox a few years ago I had to buy the filter separate, which was $60.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
bling bling, looks good :thumbup:

suprised you're still using the gsr intake manifold.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yep, I'm gonna stick with the GSR IM. That's what made hold off on buying the Comptech SRI for so long. I needed to make up my mind on what direction I was gonna go with the IM, stay OEM or go aftermarket. Most (if not all) aftermarket IM's for GSR's have a higher TB position which would make a SRI for a GSR useless and a waste of my money to buy, I'd need to buy a SRI for a Type R for an aftermarket IM.
The direction I've decided to go is staying with the OEM GSR TB and IM, and have them bored out. Now I just need to determine the size of the bore that's goes best with my engine package and desired peak TQ location. It'll be in the 62-64mm area. The stock GSR TB is 60mm and can be bored out to a maximum of 64mm, so it works out great. Probably gonna have Maxbore in Florida do the work. I just need to set up a time period for my bud with the performance shop to take my car for a couple weeks. I wanna see if we can do this soon....and THEN....with a new header/cat/exhaust....bored out TB and IM....Hondata IM gasket....Comptech SRI.... tune everything, lol. 200whp....I'm coming after you!:twisted:

www.maxbore.com

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
What do you have left to do with your motor? Sickest header and exhaust, so you cant upgrade those. Cams?? Maybe a valvetrain upgrade.