best integ

owowitzche

whats the best integra? ls, gs, gsr, or w/e?? i want to get a great one! and i heard that 1997 integs are the best... i want sumthing with dohc vtec :D

my plans on the integ:
jdm headlights *black housing*
jdm oem carbon fiber hood

oh yea.. i'm not sure which body kit to get =/ help me out, pls? thank you!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you want vtec then, you have to get the Gsr. Unless you want to drop a different engine in it. I dont think there is a whole lot of difference if its a 97. I would rather have a 98+ because I like the front bumper better, but that can be changed also.

I can help you with the body kit, none. Body kits are added weight, they never fit right, and they are played out.

Welcome to CI.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
hahaha :lol: there goes one less perfomance modded teg..and one more _________

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
MoJoJoJo said:
hahaha :lol: there goes one less perfomance modded teg..and one more _________
yes because intake and exhaust and a whole bunch of decals and "authentic jdm shit" is the key to having a quick car :roll:

dont throw stones when you live in a glass house.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
Ominous G2 said:
That wasnt in his list, pretty sure 97 was the first year for the ITR.
i placed the ITR in the "or w/e" part of the list lol. and he said he wanted something great...most people consider the ITR to be great. but then again if hes getting the car for its looks and putting on a kit and all that then i dont see the point in getting a VTEC. doesnt seem like hes too into the performance :???: im afraid to tell him to get a GSR when it could be going to a better home where someone will mod the engine lol

but i dont know what the deal with 97 being the best is?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Id buy an ITR if i could find one that isnt so overpriced, people around here ask way too much. Also I dont want a yellow one, i cant see myself in a yellow car.

vTeChGRA78

Yo, i heard the 94 or 95 GSR is the fastest out of the gen 3 series...thats what i heard.
if you want a nice body kit then click here http://www.myspace.com/gqvi3tboi78 then click view
my profile.. AOh and by the way if your reading this Scott, it doesn't have to be yellow ITR..
you can buy it in Champion white or Black.. or you can customize your paint....

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The only ones for sale up here are yellow, people are smart enough to keep the black ones. The color I would want. Also I had to paint it, I would have to rip out the motor to paint the engine bay. I wouldnt do it half ass.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i would love a yellow type are idk y i just feel like it screams type r when you see yellow and my boy has a black type r his shit is nice but the previous owner riced it out altezzas custom gay ass interior only good thing they did was put a zex nitrous kit in it

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I copied this from over on T-I in the articles section (non verbatim).

The differences for 94-01 Integras:

-98-01 front bumper is more aggressive looking
-98-01 rear bumper has an air dam
-Headlights are different size between 94-97 and 98-01
-Bumper corner lights are different size between 94-97 and 98-01
-98-01 taillights are all red, 94-97 has amber turn signals
-94-97 steering wheel says "Acura", 98-01 steering wheel has the "A" symbol
-98-01 have a just a fuel lever inside the car, no hatch lever
-Styling lines were added to the side mirrors in 96. Pre-96 Integras had smooth mirrors
-Side door moldings were color-matched to car’s body color in 97 for LS models and in 95 for SE models
-ODB II Introduced in 1996, 94 & 95 are OBD I.
-Keys had an anti theft computer chip built-in in 2000-01
-Exhaust system changed in 2000
-96 up valve cover on LS is flat across over the cam section, 94-95 cover has raised parts over the cam section.

You've probably heard the internet myth that 94-95 Tegs are faster because they are OBD I, it's not true.

"I can help you with the body kit, none. Body kits are added weight, they never fit right, and they are played out."
Word on that. Dude, your 25 and still into body kits?

and teg9five was right on, too....if your gonna rice it out with a wack body kit, carbon fiber this and that, at least don't do it to a GSR! :lol:

and what the hell is an Integra w/e?

"i would love a yellow type are"
Type R, Type are, Type AAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

Last edited:

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
hahah wow i cant believe i wrote type are i musta been out of it lol :smackself well i mean type r my bad haha i feel dumb now

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Makes me think of that commercial for fed ex. HAHA

Anyway, I learned something new about valve covers. Also about steering wheels. Acura must change them a lot, they did something like that with 2nd gens. Pretty sure 90-91 are three spoke, and 92-93 are 4 spoke.

Body kits belong on Cavaliers, they are so slow they gave up on performance. Then decided to make it look "cool"

Matticus

TegSox said:
I copied this from over on T-I in the articles section (non verbatim).

The differences for 94-01 Integras:

-98-01 front bumper is more aggressive looking
-98-01 rear bumper has an air dam
-Headlights are different size between 94-97 and 98-01
-Bumper corner lights are different size between 94-97 and 98-01
-98-01 taillights are all red, 94-97 has amber turn signals
-94-97 steering wheel says "Acura", 98-01 steering wheel has the "A" symbol
-98-01 have a just a fuel lever inside the car, no hatch lever
-Styling lines were added to the side mirrors in 96. Pre-96 Integras had smooth mirrors
-Side door moldings were color-matched to car’s body color in 97 for LS models and in 95 for SE models
-ODB II Introduced in 1996, 94 & 95 are OBD I.
-Keys had an anti theft computer chip built-in in 2000-01
-Exhaust system changed in 2000
-96 up valve cover on LS is flat across over the cam section, 94-95 cover has raised parts over the cam section.!
The 98+ rear hatch has a few more lines on it and a lever to open it on the outside. The climate control is also a tad bit different. It has little dashes instead of a constant line for hot and cold.

Ominous G2 said:
Id buy an ITR if i could find one that isnt so overpriced, people around here ask way too much. Also I dont want a yellow one, i cant see myself in a yellow car.
Type r's are played out. Why get a type r? What is the honest reason to get one? Because it was the best? I think type r's are a joke. Yes, they may have more power and handle better than a gsr but, for the price you cant tell me its comparable. I built my gsr teg for under 3500 bucks. I promise once I put the water pump on it, it will clown a type r in a staight line. All I am gonna have: ITB's, blox cams, rev valvetrain, B16 tranny, mildly ported head, tuned with a chipped ecu and GE cam gears, exhaust, (still debating on a real header or not). Other than that it will have stock compression. Type r's are played out, if you plan on modding one, thats a joke too, because your going to replace many of the parts it came with from the factory. In other words, if you have money to waste on a factory performance integra, get a type r and dont do anything to it. If you want to build something and not waste money, get a gsr. 200whp is gonna be nice. :D