Apexi N1 with test pipe

CHILD

all day all JDM
because of the O2 sensor that sits in the OEM cat, the ECU is gonnan think something is wrong when you stick it in the test pipe

1329itr00

Type R
you have an obd1 gsr you don't have a o2 in your cat... you have less restrictions cause your obd1

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
I do have a sensor in the cat, well about an inch before it, just making sure people get the complete info on thing no halfway misinterpreted, obd2s have one in the exhaust mani and in the cat, mine has only one in the cat, the only reason the CEL light would come on os if the actual o2 sensor goes bad or the engine is running rich so is not to damage the cat and render it useless and failing inspection and making your ecu run in limp mode.

1329itr00

Type R
ohh sorry for the miswrite then i thought that obd1 was like the jdm cat that has no 02 in the cat and has one in the exhaust manifold my bad

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
god damn it hink my exhaust is too loud, how can u handle a n1 lol...

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
its not that loud with just intake as the other mod

and the o2s are before the actual cat so it probably wont even realise its a test pipe cause this other kid who had the test pipe before me ran it on a 96 gsr with no probs so im gonna put it in for sure now .. prob saturday.

you gotta understand though i had a 91 civic with an apc muffler 4" out and high flow cat, short ram and that shit was way louder than most of my friends car for some reaosn ... doin 80 on the highway you gotta talk hella loud in the car to hear each other ... my integra aint like that

Last edited:

1329itr00

Type R
it was pretty damn loud on my R when i had my test pipe in i put the cat in cause i didn't like how it was so raspy i couldn't hear any intake at all

209SpoonDC2

cabezzzdb8 said:
I do have a sensor in the cat, well about an inch before it, .

If it's in front of the cat, it's not in the cat!!! Therefore it will read properly. It's getting a reading before the exhaust exits the catalytic converter!!!!

For those who are running OBD2 vehicles, you can avoid CEL's by running a OBD1 ecu with the use of a jumper harness. Just remove your stock cat sensor so you don't damage it, and plug the bung. Simple. No worries. :)

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Like i said about an inch befor the cat, you cant put an o2 sensor IN the cat youre goint to ruin both things

209SpoonDC2

cabezzzdb8 said:
Like i said about an inch befor the cat, you cant put an o2 sensor IN the cat youre goint to ruin both things
The only OBD1 vehicles I've seen, have had the O2 sensor at the end of the header, by the collector.
Including my Civic which I converted to OBD1

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Thats exacly were is at, but mines has a test pipe and they moved the 02 sensor a little further back but its still in front of were the cat used to be,

209SpoonDC2

cabezzzdb8 said:
Thats exacly were is at, but mines has a test pipe and they moved the 02 sensor a little further back but its still in front of were the cat used to be,
that's why your CEL doesn't come on. If it was in or after the cat, then the ECU would be set for the O2 to read it differently and you would get a CEL even if your car is OBD1.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
well when i went under the car the second o2 is AFTER where the cat should be ... so how the hell the guy who had this shit before me never threw a CEL i dont know, but i really dont have $110 to spend when i blow an o2 sensor, even if it makes my car slightly quicker. So if anyone wants a test pipe for cheap hit me up

i did however get the dc 4-2-1 header on and its coo ... didnt make my car louder though ... i dont know why all there people think that apexi n1s are so loud ... maybe theirs dont got resonators or somethin cause its still fairly quiet.

Anyways my mods now are an SRI, DC 4-2-1 header, and the apexi n1 catback.