Apexi N1 with test pipe

96TypeR

i love the exhaust as long as ur not in the 3000-3500 rpm range then it hits the rediculess high pitch buzz sound i also have a test pipe on it....think that could be the problem or do all apexis do that??

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
now that i think about it one of my boys has an n1 with test pipe on his g2 integra with jdm b16 and it is loud as fuck and has that buzz.

nefesto

i dont think a test pipe would make a buzz ONLY at a certain rpm. i have a test on my ls/vtec and apexi exhaust and its fine. now i did have a buzz at lower rpms (around 2500-3500) when i had some loose exhaust bolts. is everything tight? check it out

96TypeR

everything is tight but its so freakin annoyying.........im guessing a high flow cat would solve the problem ( any good makes reccommened??) its about 2800-3300 that the sound of death starts and ends

nefesto

this test pipe of yours, was it just a piece of hollow pipe with flanges or did it have a metal screen on the inside more like a resonator?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Ive got a test pipe with NO resonator with apexi N1 can with custom piping and is loud but not that raspy sound that youre describing it just a low loud sound makes the car vibrate a little when stepping on it, maybe you got a piece of heatshield down there thats a little loose, that happened to me when they did my piping, it was very annoying at low rpm.

96TypeR

the car runs extremely smooth....only 3000 miles on everything. its a high pitch buzz ill just change the test pipe for a high flow cat

209SpoonDC2

I'll put $$$ on it that it's the test pipe. As soon as my friend put it on w/ his N1, it started getting the buzzing sound right around that RPM range. Sounds great when you hit VTEC.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
bump

im about to get a dc 4-2-1 header prob this weekend and the guy offered me a 2.25" test pipe for a little extra ... i also got apexi n1full catback.

my question is am i going to start blowing o2 sensors or will i be cool ... cause if my o2 is coo then ill deff put the test pipe on