a short?

Stuckinafog

Dude i would try 2 do it yourself i thought how u thought 2 when mine went out but that damn thing cost 700 bucks, what a waist of money

johnownsall2

o lol shit fuck that then yea ill deff do by my self wooo fuck 700 bucks i just gotta unbolt couple things lmao.. But is there any alignment or ne thing that has to be done b4 proceeding with this.

wite2nr

alignment? buy the helms manual. all you need is a set of metric sockets (10mm,12mm,14mm,15mm,17mm) and you can pretty much do anything on a honda. you will learn from experience if its a small bolt, its a 10mm if its a big bolt its a 17mm lol. the alternator should be about 150 at autozone after core (bring in your old one and you get the core charge refunded).

I had never done anything on my car past oil changes and tune ups, but when my clutch went out and I did not have $575 to drop for the shop to do it, I bought a helms manual and did it myself. ~>$200 total. it took me a while, but after that I know my way around engines a LOT better and can pretty much do any maintenance required. read all of the steps over, and get under you car and physically figure out which parts are which and what bolts you will need to take out. trust me after you do some work on your car yourself you wont ever want somebody else touching it

wite2nr

also, set aside a whole day to do it. start early, often things come up and you dont want it to be the middle of the night and your car is up on jackstands. I think it took me 3 hrs to change my alt, thats including going to the store. the more you work on your car the better you will learn your way around. i still have a long way to go, i just changed a clutch for my friend and it took me 8 hrs total (on a B series). you gotta start somewhere

johnownsall2

Alright thanks that made me really wanna do it my self i just dont wanna mess any thing up but that helms manual sounds like a good idea.. And no whats the drain test.