a short?

johnownsall2

Hey well the other day i was in my car i put my windows down all the way and put it back up its slow really slow and when putting back up i heard a bunch of clicks and then my battery just like lost all of its juice to start the car so i just jumped started it figuring it wasnt a short just killed the battery w.e then 2 days later the car was dead again not completly but not enough power so now i just unplugged the fuse for the windows u think that will work and prevent from my battery draining and what can i do to fix this problem??

shocker

its a possibility that you either have a bad battery so its not holding a charge or a bad alternator so its not charging the battery

wite2nr

have your alternator checked as well as the battery. taking the battery in to get it checked is easy. if you dont want to go thru the trouble to test the alt then unplug the battery while the car is running and if it dies then the alt is not working.

johnownsall2

it vcant be the battery its brand new loike i just bought it 2 weeks ago and the fuse didnt solve squat im sitting in my car listening to my radio with nothing on and it just dies i really dont no what it is it used to do this then i replaced te battery and it fixed it now its doing it agian i cant figure it out.. like the battery has been workin fine for 3 weks

shocker

well then its very possible it could be your alternator not charging the batt so its just been running the batt down....get a volt meter and test the alternator to see if its sending any charge to the batt and how much

johnownsall2

But it cant be the alternator cuz its been fine ever sine i heard clicking from the window and yea so i just took out all the fuses and ima just plug one by one in see which one kills the battery that quick i wish i can just re do all the wiring but that would be hard and cost alot right??

DarkDB1

Its the alternator...

The battery is just used to start the car, The alternator is used to charge the battery and give power to the car. It's the alternator no matter how much you dont want it to be.

Last edited:

shocker

which is y the windows acted the way they did because the batt is so low...because the alternator is not charging it....like i said test it!

wite2nr

its just 2 or 3 bolts. not sure on a DC but on a DA you have to drop the axel to get to it. trust me i tried everything - removed the oil filter, unbolted the intermediate shaft bracket, you just gotta drop the axel.

johnownsall2

oo ill just bring it to a mechanic i dont wanna fuck up the car lol not that expierenced yet so i guess ill just lv all fuses out and it wont die right away and start it everyday until it goes on the road. But yes it has to be the alternator

johnownsall2

oo ill just bring it to a mechanic i dont wanna fuck up the car lol not that expierenced yet so i guess ill just lv all fuses out and it wont die right away and start it everyday until it goes on the road. But yes it has to be the alternator

wite2nr

do it yourself seriously its not that hard. taking the alt out is the easy part, getting to it is the hard part.

wite2nr

get a helms manual. take off you wheel, unbolt the fork (remove), unbolt the lca, slide the thing out. if you have the tools, removing the axel nut would be the way your supposed to, but i never have.