95 Gsr swap in DA starting problems.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

redlineobsessor

PROJECTJAYDEM.COM
i recently swapped a 95 gsr into my 93 DA. the motor ran in the previous car it was in. now the car wont start any ideas of why this might be ive gone through every angle i could have think of. checked starter wires to fuse box, ignition, did have a alarm removed it still nothing all plugs are plugged in on the motor. any ideas are more than helpful. if you are going to beat this thread up dont bother posting. thank you.

TypeR?

need more info........
what ecu are you running?
when you turn the key to the on position can you hear the fuel pump surge?
have you checked to make sure you are getting spark?

Sammich

could it be something as simple as a weak ground??

redlineobsessor

PROJECTJAYDEM.COM
i am running a p28 there is fuel and cant check for spark if the car doesnt turn over doesnt even click i have pondered on the ground but all grounds are good tranny block, ect. any other suggestions? thank you

TypeR?

neutral saftey switch?
the button under the dash that the clutch pedal hits when it is depressed?

redlineobsessor

PROJECTJAYDEM.COM
lights on the dash but dont know about lights outside cuz put 1pc in and have to convert the plug. sensors and relays are good the motor started just b4 we pulled from other car and put in teg. i wonder if the starter has to be from a gsr.

TypeR?

lights on the dash but dont know about lights outside cuz put 1pc in and have to convert the plug. sensors and relays are good the motor started just b4 we pulled from other car and put in teg. i wonder if the starter has to be from a gsr.
well can you hear the starter spinning?

TypeR?

well then take off your starter and bench test it by running 12 volts directly to it off of your battery. if that works than you know your starter is good and you need to start looking into a new ignition switch and/or why you are not getting power to the starter.

you can also take your starter to vatozone and have them test it for you if you trust that those guys know what they are doing.

edit: i just read your post again and saw that you tried most of what i suggested but you said you did not use the starter from the gsr??? then make sure that your starter works by bench testing it and if not than yes you should have used the gsr starter lol.

Last edited:

NoR*CaL

96 Ls Integra ^^
did you take off your distributer to see if it spins freely? if it dosent that also could be your problem. my bad on double post..