93 integra wont stay running help (vid inside)

93loweredf1

got a Used but new for my car main relay and its getting me no where. bat light is still on and i wont even start even if i give it gas.

acclude

cheap bastard
i belive im getting code 14 and 16
Wow, no offense to anyone else but he posted the problem right there!

It's not a distributor or main relay as some suggested.

It is in limp mode as BrokenTalon27 mentioned. Pretty obvious by the early rev limit.

Your problem is a bad fuel injector(s) or possibly (not likely) a bad fuel pump or fuel filter. That's what's throwing it into limp mode. Check the connections at the ECU. I don't have pinouts handy, but you should have these in any shop manual. You will have a +12v wire that feeds power to the injectors at all times and each injector has a pulsed ground. Using a multimeter, check for continuity between the power wire and the ground of each injector with the injectors plugged in. That will tell you if you have any open circuits. Also, check the grounds for the ECU itself as these are the grounds the ECU uses for the injectors as well. If that's good, do a Ohm test on each injector at the ECU. It should read somehwere around 10-20ohms (taking into account more resistance from the wires). If any are too low or too high, they need to be replaced of the circuit for that injector needs to be checked for a possible exposed wire or something like that. You could test the injectors for resistance at the injector itself but I like to do it at the ECU since it takes the complete circuit into account and then start narrowing it down from there if need be.

As for code 14, check all your engine grounds. This code may go away on it's own if you fix the fuel injector issue.

EDIT: if you have to replace an injector, it's best to replace all 4 at the same time. Just a suggestion.

93loweredf1

yeah thanks you very much guys for the responses and it makes me feel like you guys wont let another da owner standed lol, well i am going to check if my injectors are not properly grounded or if they are even getting power to them. to be honest with you guys with my 12 years of messing around with cars i can say i have never have had an injector prob. eh it can be the 1st time ig guess . is there a pic or something that say where all the engine grounds are suppose to be ? i know theres one on the tranny to the firewall but thats about the only ground i see.

93loweredf1

yeah for my valve cover to frame i used an animal sized 4 gauge ground wire hoping that that would "boost" my ground connections but i didint really notice anything.

patrick4588

Integra God
all my grounds are 4 gauge except for the battery to frame, its 1/0awg

93loweredf1

well then i think its 0 gauge or something but gad damn its huge lol thats y i tough itd give me a lil boost lol

93loweredf1

well to tell you the truth i DUNNO WTF it is lol , didnt meean to be mean but im just frustated and have been without a car for like 6 days now. im thinking its the alt becuase my car wont start and the starter and batery look fine and the last thing that that leaves out is the alt.im not sure it used to start and run real shitty like in the video but now it wont even turn on or try to.

93loweredf1

yeah i know u dont need an alternator to start the car =. thats why i know my batt is ok because is actually started my car and had it running while i was giving it gas but very shitty and it would just turn off . im probably going to the junkyard and piking up sum some other injector and see what happens i guess but then again that wouldn't solve my bat light prob. so im not sure if is electrical or fuel?