da1 ls, jdm d16a1

d0wnShiFt

Hey so I picked up a 89 acura integra ls with a d16a1 dohc, pretty clean has a body kit and some whack 17 inch rims with shot tires. USDM d16a1 with 119k, got papers. I picked it up for 1200$ as alittle project, the kid was 16 and had no idea how to do maintenance or anykind of car work... bought from some rich kid who got the motor and installed back in 08 with 96k

UPDATED, ADDED PICS AND THINGS IVE DONE SO FAR.
EXTERIOR:::::::::::
Added bbs's w/freshh tires
Slightly higher'd
Repainted body kit, hd lights, spoiler, trim

INTERIOR::::::::::::
Cleaned out interior/motor bay
Shift knob/short shifter
New panasonic deck
New infinitys all around

MOTOR:::::::::::::::
New IACV
New CPS
New o2 sensor
New plugs
Freshhh oil
New wires

MORE PICS AND UPDATES TO COME AS PROJECT CONTINUES!

Last edited:
Looks good.
I do have a question though...How is it a JDM D16A1? JDM motors don't have numbers stamped on the block, and the JDM version of our USDM DOHC D16 is the ZC.
I'm confused here.

Cripton805

Very clean. My friend has an 88. I have a pic in my own build thread.

Edit: Do you have the sponge type OEM spoiler? Damn that would make a difference especially with this panda color.

Last edited:

d0wnShiFt

@BrokenTalon27, what I mean by "jdm" lol is that the motor was purchased by Foreign Imports with 96k on it. Im not sure if a zc block will fit in the 89 integra? I know it fits ef's with little to no work.

@Cripton805, no it isnt the sponge spoiler, ive been lookin into buying one of those tho lol.

UPDATE. I also just resprayed the bodykit white to match the body better, the rims are next, black on the inside with a white lip.

Anyone got any ideas for my idling problem???

d0wnShiFt

UPDATE...
Blasted the lower half of the car primer white, 6 cans total, 2 full coats
Blasted the bbs's gloss black
Looks good so far, just finished lol....

d0wnShiFt

yeah I did some research today, I can also get some hasport mounts and go b series. I got a spare zc block, I guess its time for a rebuild of the block. I do have another couple questions, can I use a tranny from a ef civic or crx on the d16a1? what exhaust will fit ef hatch exhaust? and can I use d series headers on the d16a1?

*DA3*

u could use d series header on it

just look on the block if it has zc stamp on the block u have a true zc but it showers D16A1 u have an American version of a zc

Cripton805

Aw. I liked the color. I even sent a pic to my G1 friend. LOL
And the wheels. They stood out more before.

I like the old setup. Lmao

d0wnShiFt

@*DA3*, yeah its a d16a1 and I can use a d series header but ill have to use a dremel in order to make it fit.

@Cripton805, I was trying a new look, trust me bro when its all done its ganna look sweet. I liked the panda color too. It just seems that the white primer is ganna help me out alot especially with the body work. As for the rims, black is kinda dull, any other suggestions for colors? Purple? lol

*DA3*

@*DA3*, yeah its a d16a1 and I can use a d series header but ill have to use a dremel in order to make it fit.

@Cripton805, I was trying a new look, trust me bro when its all done its ganna look sweet. I liked the panda color too. It just seems that the white primer is ganna help me out alot especially with the body work. As for the rims, black is kinda dull, any other suggestions for colors? Purple? lol[/QUOTE

its an american verion block

i dont think so here check this forum out its all about the first gen integras
http://g1teg.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4