1994 Integra Build

jonathanj

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jonathan, 16 years old, Filipino, high school student, and I live in San Diego. I am currently employed as a computer technician, and I work on cars on the side. My hobby and passion is working on cars and building things with my own hands. I have always loved the body style, and the look of the Integra. Ever since I was young my dream car was an Integra, an Integra that I could build from ground up. The past several months I worked day in, and day out, doing all types of jobs to save up and buy an Integra.

On May 1, 2011 I found a 1994 Integra RS. For over two months I have been searching for this exact year, model, and trim. The next day I bought the car and drove it home for the first time. It had a few mismatched and missing interior pieces, a lot of dents and dings, and needed a lot of work. It is definitely a project, and I have many plans for it. This truly is a dream come true.

The car is basically stock but it has 96 ITR wheels, 96 ITR spindles, Eibach lowering springs, Mugen shift knob, JVC deck, and Alpine speakers.

I have a lot of plans for this car. I am basically going to rebuild the car from ground up. I will keep you guys posted with updates as much as I can.

Here are some pictures.

When I first took him home

Washed

Last edited:

jonathanj

Today was my first day taking the Integra out. I have an auto shop class at my high school so I put it on a hoist and did a full chassis inspection. No leaks, no damages, everything good. I pulled out the wheels to check if the wheels are real, turns out they are. When I came home I removed all of the stickers that were on the windows, and all over the car.

Removing the wheel

Before

After

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You should consider yourself lucky with that 4x114 setup. You have a ton of wheel options and they are cheaper than the 4x100 versions.

Looks like a good project car, will check back for updates.

96GSRteg

Tyler
what do you do as a computer tech? Im a second year networking infrastructure student so i can appreciate another tech geek.

Looks like somebody already cut out holes for side markers. you should get some and rig those up, they are sweet. Im not sure how it currently is, but in one picture your bumper looks like its sagging a little. if youpull back the fender liner a little bit there is a screw that connects the bumper to the fender so it will tighten it up.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Ah, :welcome: to the club, d00d! Hope you make yourself at home here. Nice pics and nice job with the decal removal so far. You got a good project ahead of you, but hopefully you'll manage. Any future mods/plans in the long run? Keep us updated with more progress/pics/etc! :)

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
what do you do as a computer tech? Im a second year networking infrastructure student so i can appreciate another tech geek.
tech geeks. fck yaaaa. im a comp sci major! looking at going into networking stability, working with firewalls and what not.

96GSRteg

Tyler
tech geeks. fck yaaaa. im a comp sci major! looking at going into networking stability, working with firewalls and what not.
noice! Network security is a HUGE field with lots and lots of money.

jonathanj

I do a lot of the simple stuff like reinstalling operating systems, hardware installation, setup, and setting up simple networks.

jonathanj

This project is starting out slow cause all my extra money is going to my registration, insurance, and a full tank of gas. I plan to replace some parts, fix all the little things, and complete my interior before I start to really buy stuff for it. I am going to take everything one by one and not cut any corners. I will be up and running soon.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
This project is starting out slow cause all my extra money is going to my registration, insurance, and a full tank of gas. I plan to replace some parts, fix all the little things, and complete my interior before I start to really buy stuff for it. I am going to take everything one by one and not cut any corners. I will be up and running soon.
in all reality, a DD is tough to build up to your standards without cutting corners. your first mod might be another means of transpo so your not under a time constraint when doing stuff to the teggy. check out my badass DD:

96GSRteg

Tyler
it took me almost a year before i did anything special to my teg. a lot of time and money went into just getting everything up and running, and even now i have some things that need to be done. You'll get there, everyone goes through this. unless you live out of daddys pockets. which most people on here dont.

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
in all reality, a DD is tough to build up to your standards without cutting corners. your first mod might be another means of transpo so your not under a time constraint when doing stuff to the teggy. check out my badass DD:
x2 if i didnt have such a long distance btwn both of my jobs i wld so be a scooter warrior:twisted:

but i have had my db8 for going on two years and ive got a closet full of parts that are waiting to be put on, i just cant afford to lose the transportation :???:

jonathanj

Today I got a lot done. At school I did an alignment and rotated my tires. My rear tires are in alot better shape than my front tires so I swapped them out. At home I tightened my hand brake. It turns out the whole hand brake mechanism was loose, but everything is nice and tight now. Many people at school noticed my car and have been asking if it is mine. I am kinda pissed at myself because I accidently hit my friend's 240SX backing up from my garage today. His car barely got damaged, but my fender bent in and the primer chipped off a little, but nothing big. I am lucky he is cool with it, but I only owned the car for four days. I should have been paying more attention.

Doing the alignment

Perfect toe