auto trannie compatitably

THE DUDE

dudes, long time sinse ive been on. guess that means the car has been really reliable! anywho, the auto in my 89 went out and i found an auto out of an 96 for 50 bucks with 100,000 miles. so im asking if they r compatitable? will it boltup ok? thx for any replys

Prozon

Kris
Your clutch set up would be different. Your car should have a cable clutch, whereas the '96 would have a hydraulic one. As for the actual engine I would think as long as the engine would be the same.

I wouldn't go for it if I were you.

j13

Keep It Clean
Your clutch set up would be different. Your car should have a cable clutch, whereas the '96 would have a hydraulic one. As for the actual engine I would think as long as the engine would be the same.

I wouldn't go for it if I were you.
automatic transmissions don't have clutch and a pressure plate. they have a torque converter. the 89 integra doesn't come with b18b1 like the 94+ integra do, so i doubt it will bolt up.

j13

Keep It Clean
yeah man, no problem. go to the bone yard and look for a 86-89 auto tranny..do you have any local?

Prozon

Kris
Lmao. I don't know what I was thinking. But still, i'm sure there's a differnence in the flywheel and torque converter. -_-
Not to mention the engine itself.

So no go. Haha.

Last edited: