Z6 bottom end

asdfg68plus1

Hey, I might buy my brother's 89 teg from him, but his friend drove it without his permission, threw a rod, and put a baseball sized hole in the block. On Craigslist, there are two D16 blocks for sale. One is a Y8 block and the other is a Z6. They both come with pistons and rods, oil pump, and oil pan. I was wondering if either of them would be a direct both on to the A1 head and if so, would I have their be any wiring changes necessary, or would I be able to just put it on and be done? Also, would there be any gains in performance from using them over a stock block?

Sorry for the long, and maybe confusing post, but I appreciate your help!
Peter

j13

Keep It Clean
dohc block needs a dohc head. since head need a sohc block.

you'll have to look for the proper block. i do know just look for a b18 b/a1 bottom end, but I'm not sure what's in the 1st Gen tegs

*DA3*

dohc block needs a dohc head. since head need a sohc block.

you'll have to look for the proper block. i do know just look for a b18 b/a1 bottom end, but I'm not sure what's in the 1st Gen tegs
its a single cam block with a dual cam head

88da3

88DA3
no, it wont work, the d16z6 is a single cam engine. the d16a1 is a twin cam engine.. very different and non compatible.

88da3

88DA3
thats wrong you can use a D series SOHC block with a zc dohc head...
theres no way.. the dimensions of those two engines are very different. i highly doubt it.. but show me a z6 bottom end with any twin cam head on it that runs and you win.