Exhaust Question .......

Blue Teggy

How far back do you have to go to have good back pressure so you dont mess up your motor or whatever it does .... i dont wanna go open headers really but what im really hoping for is to have my exhaust turn and come out my front bumper or atleast like behind my front tire or at the ver very least have it stop after the test pipe ... is that possible or should i just leave it alone at ending at the exhaust in the rear

this is not a post to be flamed so calm down

:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:DONT FLAME ME:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

I don't think it's legal to have the exhaust exit in front of the cockpit for use on public roads.

Also, stop putting the flame crap at the bottom of your posts. If you don't say something worthy of being lit up, you wont get flamed.

Blue Teggy

o well i saw it on a 96 it was a show car and my bad for that most of yall are good with making fire on my posts

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
It was a show car you retard. Show cars are almost never street legal. Stop asking retarded questions.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
He answered his own question. He saw it on a show car. So it's obviously possible.

edit: Is it legal? Nope.

edit edit: I'm sorry if I seem to be mean.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

The bumper exit was probably the dump tube coming off of a turbo. People dont do that with normal exhausts and a stock engine.

There wouldnt be any room to muffle the noise and it would certainly be obnoxiously loud.

The bumper exit was probably the dump tube coming off of a turbo. People dont do that with normal exhausts and a stock engine.

There wouldnt be any room to muffle the noise and it would certainly be obnoxiously loud.
This is actually the most plausible scenario.
Side note: In most states, atmospheric O2 dumps are just as illegal as the bumper exit exhaust.
Also, to the OP, the exhaust you are describing is possible, but would be wicked loud to the point of damaging your hearing eventually and netting you quite a hefty amount of exhaust and noise violations in most states.