adding Vtec on a b18b integra 94 rs

Chu0nth1s

so my friend told me to add a v-tec head to my integra with a b18b engine. Im not very good with this area of work. I was wondering if this is a good idea. and how much would the whole process cost?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
if you dont know what you're doing, don't go ls vtec, it's not stable and won't last. If you want vtec, just save some money and do a full gsr or type r swap.

if you dont know what you're doing, don't go ls vtec, it's not stable and won't last. If you want vtec, just save some money and do a full gsr or type r swap.
Not true. If you build it right with the right components and don't beat on it constantly it can last. The problem is people don't want to build it right and they cut corners. A strong LSV that will last will cost nearly as much, if not more depending on parts, as a B18C1 long block.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Yeah but the OP just said they don't know much about this so lsVTEC would be the wrong way to go. Sure there's ways to do this right, but I havnt seen too many that actually work, the easiest way is to just do a whole swap.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
Not true. If you build it right with the right components and don't beat on it constantly it can last. The problem is people don't want to build it right and they cut corners. A strong LSV that will last will cost nearly as much, if not more depending on parts, as a B18C1 long block.
X2 most people go cheap with the ls vtec and thats when it goes bad... they faster then gsr too just dont be cheap and do it right... and google "reliable ls vtec" all info is there

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
lsvtec's explode because people try to rev them as high as type-r motors and the LS blocks arent designed for high rev's, at the very least, a block girdle along the mains would help make it much more stable in the long run.