87 Integra problems. any help would be awesome

KOLTDOGG

i parked my integra for a few months because i got a new ride. went to crank it the other day and it cranked over then locked up, i pulled the plugs and cranked it over and gas shoots out of all 4 cylinders.. im not too educated in fuel injection systems. could anyone help me out please!

Cripton805

mmm. Maybe because it was just sitting and the oil got old? Really bad start on the cylinders. Old gasoline. Dying battery.

Maybe... just maybe...

KOLTDOGG

mmm. Maybe because it was just sitting and the oil got old? Really bad start on the cylinders. Old gasoline. Dying battery.

Maybe... just maybe...
The oil is still fine, battery is a maybe 6months old, what im sayin is something is filling the cylinders with gas.. i dont know if the PGM-FI thing is telling the injectors to stay open or what.. just looking for someone with more insight than I on these integra's.. cuz i pulled all 4 plugs and all four cylinders looked like a gyser when the motor cranked over.. thanks

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Thats weird! Check to make sure your getting spark and your timing is still on.
- Aaron

KOLTDOGG

Thats weird! Check to make sure your getting spark and your timing is still on.
- Aaron
It's not a timing issue, and all plugs are getting fire, would the fuel pressure regulator make the cylinders fill up with gas? Because with the plugs out you can turn on the key and the pump doesn't shut off.. You can almost see the cylinders filling up. It's like the injectors stay open.

89ls

depending on how long its been sitting like everyone else says its your battery the longer it sits without being regularly started it will drain and the longer your gas sits it could rust your tank but i would just syphine the gas out and add new gas as well as some treatment just get some from autozone or something for like 5 bucks

KOLTDOGG

Please forgive me if I come off as rude by saying this, but you guys are not listening to a word I say.. It has nothing to do with a bad battery, nothing to do with spark, and nothing to do with gas.. THE CYLINDERS ARE BEING FLOODED WITHOUT THE VEHICLE BEING ON! I do not know what is causing it and would like for advice.. Not saying I have bad oil, or a dead battery.. Please someone who will listen help me..

89ls

oooooh ok i get what your saying now....lol my bad

but yeah it is pretty weird that your cylinders are getting flooded

how long has it been since you had and engine tune up on your teggy??

KOLTDOGG

oooooh ok i get what your saying now....lol my bad

but yeah it is pretty weird that your cylinders are getting flooded

how long has it been since you had and engine tune up on your teggy??
lol its all good, just a little miscommunication.. its been a while since a tune up, but i did talk to a mechanic today, and he seems to think it is the main relay, it controls the ignition, fuel pump, fuel injectors, and the PGM-FI on the intake.. and the fuel pressure regulator.. the way he explained it was the relay messed up allowing the pump to run continuously which busted the diaphragm in the regulator, causing the injectors to not just mist gas into the cylinders but completely fill them up.. so looks like the teggy needs a new main relay and fuel pressure regulator..

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Sounds like the fuel injectors are maybe not closing for some reason. Maybe disconnect the battery and reset the computer? Press the brake so its for sure resets.

KOLTDOGG

well after a whole day of messing around with it, ive found the problem.. somehow or another my sunroof had an unseen leak and the ecu under the passenger seat got full of water.. yea i know, it sucks.. lol but any good reliable websites to get either a nice used ecu or somewhere to buy a new one? thanks guys

KOLTDOGG

well after a whole day of messing around with it, ive found the problem.. somehow or another my sunroof had an unseen leak and the ecu under the passenger seat got full of water.. yea i know, it sucks.. lol but any good reliable websites to get either a nice used ecu or somewhere to buy a new one? thanks guys
this is what the inside of the ecu around the main white plug looks like..