Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

Next stage of the game is about to commence.

I purchased a Hondata S200 from ebay this weekend, and the seller said it will ship tomorrow. I will raise hell if it doesnt, almost got burned on eBay already. I also ordered a chipping kit to get everything I will need to hook the S200 up to my ECU after a bit of soldering. Ordered the parts I needed from Moates.net in their kit, because it would have been more difficult to but things individually (considering many electronics places require a minimum order, which may be 10 to 50 units).

I will probably clean up the motor this week to prepare for the swap. I will try to knock everything out in one weekend so Im not without my car for very long. Hopefully the weekend following this will be the one, and its my birthday weekend nonetheless :)

I am hoping to use a basemap off of the Hondata S200 to run the car to a local shop to get a flex pipe welded, and then back to my machinist to rent his dyno (with the tuner I will be using). Im not sure if my TripleA will like ferrying me around all day :) even though I get 200miles a month.

I also have a Porter Cable 7424 orbital buffer coming too. Will be getting some new detailing supplies in the near future to make full use of it (Polish, Sealant, waffle weave drying towel, microfiber buffing towels, etc).

Will be taking pictures as parts come in. My room is getting pretty full right now.

mirrorimg

Yea, I sent a couple messages to the seller, he sent it out yesterday from Rhode Island. I should expect to see it next week.

Thanks, but im not a huge birthday person. I was when I was younger, but I dont see much fun in it anymore. Besides, once you hit 21 there really isnt much to look forward to :lol:

Motor is on hold until the next paycheck. I just ordered $130 in detailing supples :oops: and paid for a golf tournament for my Father and I. Paycheck disappeared rather quickly, lol.

mirrorimg

S200 is in! I need to source the cable that links the S200 to the ECU plug that I will solder in. I have the chips, ZIF socket, spacer and caps/resistor next to the S200.

jznsn2u

YAY!! Congratulations Jason. I'm glad you went with the s200 :thumbs up. I'm more glad that it actually came in this time :lol:.

mirrorimg

YAY!! Congratulations Jason. I'm glad you went with the s200 :thumbs up. I'm more glad that it actually came in this time :lol:.
Yep. Just gotta hunt down the wiring it didnt come with. I got it for $200, and there was another S200 that was for sale. It stayed at $150 and had just one bid... lol. Oh well, $200 is better than $500 for the S300.

Next paycheck = the rest of the money I need for a tune. So expect this thing to be done before the end of September :D

DA9boy

man u so lucky to be doin a build like this i want to build one on my ctr but im broke lmao

mirrorimg

man u so lucky to be doin a build like this i want to build one on my ctr but im broke lmao
Thanks but its not like i'm rich or anything. I having been saving up for many months to get where I am now. I originally wanted to knock this motor build out in a couple months, and that was back in like... February, haha.

mirrorimg

Couple new updates. I'm trying to devise a way to hook up my Cadillac horns. I am thinking the only way is by running a relay to split the power over to the horn when the relay is triggered. The stock horn works by completing a circuit that loops back to it, it doesnt end at the horn. The Cadillac horns ground out at the body of the horn, so they must be wired differently, or have a dedicated wire ran to them on a switch. I dont want to have a separate switch for another horn, although it might be better to have a loud horn for "WHAT THE $&!# ARE YOU DOING?!" and a normal horn for the "excuse me, you need to move" kind of moments.

Past couple of days I got a couple deliveries. My Porter Cable is in a box and I wont take it out for photo's until tomorrow. On to the goodies:

Here are the horns I bought from the junkyard. Only 2 of them are functional. I took the other two apart and on one the diaphram rusted through, and the other one's contacts were rusted out.

Heres my car care products: All meguiars professional products
Meguiars 21 Synthetic Sealant
Meguiars 83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish (medium high cutting action)
Meguiars 7 Show Car glaze (low cutting action)
Waffle weave towel, white buffing towel, sample mothers quick detail spray.

And my velocity stack for my 4" intake pipe. Its a speaker port, so it will most likely need some finessing to attach to my pipe.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

I want more from you. Any update on getting the head on?
:sigh:

Its not on yet, collecting dust on my dresser. Still projecting before the end of the month for some dyno numbers. I am setting enough aside from my next paycheck to take car of it. All I need to do is pay for the tune (~$400) and some welding that needs to be done to my exhaust to accommodate a flex pipe.