89 integra 1.6l dohc mods?

89teggie

89teggie
The motor in the pic is also a B18, DOHC. Unless it comes with a transmission, axles, and new mounts to install it, I doubt the OP would bite. He has a D16 in his first gen. Not a direct swap.
the motor in the picture is a 86-87 DOHC D16A1. note the engine mount on the front of the engine. B18's mount is not right there, it is on the side of the engine. the B series valve covers are different too. the distributor and cylinder head is vacuum advance, note the dizzy. That engine is out of a 86-87. it will bolt in to a 88-89, but will need wiring harness chances to cope with the different cylinder head.

mirrorimg

the motor in the picture is a 86-87 DOHC D16A1. note the engine mount on the front of the engine. B18's mount is not right there, it is on the side of the engine. the B series valve covers are different too. the distributor and cylinder head is vacuum advance, note the dizzy. That engine is out of a 86-87. it will bolt in to a 88-89, but will need wiring harness chances to cope with the different cylinder head.
Yep, didnt happen to click to see a larger pic, just looked like a OBD1 b18 cover to me. Thanks for the correction.

drspddmn

Cast number on the block is D16A1-2207275, came out of an 87 integra. Pulled it out myself. It's not a b18 and it would be a direct swap as long as his has a manual trans.

mercenary

turbo kit?

Ok so i also have an 89 integra. I was wondering about the turbo for the d16 stock engine. I cant realy find one for the integra online. What shouls i use. Do i need to strip out the ac unit to be able to to put it in also can anyone put up a link of what i should get for the turbo kit

94RS

No fucks given.
Ok so i also have an 89 integra. I was wondering about the turbo for the d16 stock engine. I cant realy find one for the integra online. What shouls i use. Do i need to strip out the ac unit to be able to to put it in also can anyone put up a link of what i should get for the turbo kit
There's a few things wrong here....

1:You probably didn't search before you asked this question.
2:: You threadjacked.
3: You threadjacked a thread that died 2 years ago. :smackself:
4: If you have to ask about how to turbo your car, you're not ready to turbo your car.

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited: