vtec problem

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
ok so i just bought a sir-g motor and when i was putting the harness on it i noticed the v-tec pressure switch wasnt there....so i was reading around and some people were saying i need to replace the entire soleniod because it is a jdm one and it works opposite in some way or something...is this true or can i just go buy a new v-tec pressure switch? and i am using a usdm gsr ecu and harness...please help me thanks

edit: and if i would buy a new v-tec soleniod does it matter what year gsr it is from? My motor is obviously OBD1 so would i be able to buy an OBD2 and it will still work with the plugs plugging into each other?

edit: i read more and people said that i can use any v-tec soleniod they are all the same bolt pattern the only difference is, is that the v-tec pressure switch is facing the front of the car....please let me know thanks thanks

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
im assuming the motor is from japan becuase jdm motors do not have a vtec pressure switch on them...buy a vtec solenoid that has one so that you dont throw a check engine light...if you have hondata though u can disable it

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Easy to bypass the VTEC pressure switch. Just join the two VTEC and VTEC pressure inputs at the ECU together.

Don't the JDM solenoids have a plug? I know they do on D series. You can just get the pressure switch and screw it in to your JDM solenoid. They're all the same and quite cheaper than the whole solenoid.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
im assuming the motor is from japan becuase jdm motors do not have a vtec pressure switch on them...buy a vtec solenoid that has one so that you dont throw a check engine light...if you have hondata though u can disable it
yes, i believe obd2 jdm motors dont have the pressure switch

are all vtec solenoids compatible though
i switch my buddy with mine, his is obd1 and no problem

Easy to bypass the VTEC pressure switch. Just join the two VTEC and VTEC pressure inputs at the ECU together.

Don't the JDM solenoids have a plug? I know they do on D series. You can just get the pressure switch and screw it in to your JDM solenoid. They're all the same and quite cheaper than the whole solenoid.
you can't get a pressure switch and screw it in to the jdm solenoid, cuz it's blocked! so just bypass them.