Integra Type R LHD ?

WesleyS

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad english haha.

Im from Holland (Europe) and i want to import in Januari 2010 a Integra Type R DC5, model 2003, so not the newest model..

But the only thing that stops me is that it is a RHD vehicle, and in holland we all drive with LHD vehicle. That's not really a problem, but when the DC5 is in LHD why sould i buy a RHD vehicle haha.

So my question was, is there a Honda Integra DC5 with LHD ?
I know there is a Acura RSX Type-S, but that one haves less performance and doesnt have the super horney recaro's :p

And where can u find it ? Because i see many DC5 with LHD in the usa, or are those Acura's with honda logo's and recaro's?

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks,
Wesley

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The RSX Type-S is the best DC5 we get. It does not come with the super horny Recaros, it comes with wide ass friendly leather seats to accomodate the US market.

Some DC5 owners will put Recaros and Honda badges on their Acura to make it seem more like the Japanese versions.

WesleyS

Aah oke, so if i understand u right.. Acura RSX Type S is "better" than a Honda DC5 Type R ?

For me it is, because it is LHD :)

The differents between horsepower is only 20pk, cause i want the model of 2003..

RSX Type S > 200pk / 193nm
Integra Type R > 220pk / 205nm

So you can put the honda-grill or honda logo on a acura like plug and play ?
If that's possible the thoise of a RSX Type S will be 100%

------

Lil offtopic question, when i want to put a turbokit on the Acura RSX Type S, will that be possible or is it wise to upgrade the whole motor...
Cuz i heard that a turbokit on a Honda Integra DC5 will be possible without any expensive modifications..

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Yes, you can just replace the parts out to make it look like the honda version

The cars body's are identical, so you don't really need to do a lot to make it the honda look.

And the turbo kit depends on how much you feel like spending if you want to upgrade the motor or not... you can safely boost a small amount on a stock motor, but for high hp numbers, you probably should get it built

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Aah oke, so if i understand u right.. Acura RSX Type S is "better" than a Honda DC5 Type R ?
No, the Honda Integra Type R is better than the Acura RSX Type S. The Type R model has the Recaro seats, larger Brembo brakes, stiffer suspension, more horespower, shorter final drive, limited slip differential...etc.

WesleyS

Thats true :) the integra haves some better parts on it, somebody already tolt me that.

But the only lil thing that stopts me to get a Integra Type R is the RHD, cuz in the netherlands we all drive LHD :) It's not a big problem, but it would be a dificult choice for me..

RHD > Better parts, more hp and horney recaro's

LHD > the LHD, leather seats and just good parts

pfff haha. :) it will be a daily drive, so it will be a hard choice for me..

About the turbo, i dont want to get 400/500hp, its just for that extra hp's and the fun.. :D and offcourse the pssssttt :p

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Driving a RHD vehicle isnt hard at all. you will just have to adjust the headlights accordingly. and im not sure how holland is about registering RHD vehicles. but if i were to choose between a Type R and a RSX-S i would take the type. r.

heykosal

Angkorian
:welcome: always love to see international membership!

anyways, if I were you, I'd buy the Type-S and modify it to your own liking. Make it "JDM" with all the H badged stuff(front grille/bumper cover, rear bumper cover, head and tail lights, and the super horny recaros, turbocharge it for sure. You'll be more satisfied because it's LHD:drive: which seems to be what you really want. You can use the money you save by not buying the R towards your mods. Plus, IMHO, boosting any R motor is a :nono:

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
We in America are posers. We try to make our cars look like the ones from over seas b/c all we get is the shit version.

WesleyS

:welcome: always love to see international membership!

anyways, if I were you, I'd buy the Type-S and modify it to your own liking. Make it "JDM" with all the H badged stuff(front grille/bumper cover, rear bumper cover, head and tail lights, and the super horny recaros, turbocharge it for sure. You'll be more satisfied because it's LHD:drive: which seems to be what you really want. You can use the money you save by not buying the R towards your mods. Plus, IMHO, boosting any R motor is a :nono:
Yeah, that's true :) i can modify it how i want, but thats also possible with a ITR Type R.

But in my eyes the Type R haves more possitieve things than negative, the only thing thats negative in my eyes is the RHD :)

RSX Type S, is a sweet model but doesnt have (like what they say above) the huge brembo breaks, recaro, more hp, better chassis (springs, brakes and stuf like that). And on other forums they say that een ITR Type R preforme better that a RSX Type S :)

Also in europe the ITR Type R is not expensiver in price that a RSX Type S :p There are both between the 10-15.000 euro

So it wil be a hard choice.. :roll:

We in America are posers. We try to make our cars look like the ones from over seas b/c all we get is the shit version.
So the thing u want me to say is ... ? :)
Dont buy a itr / rsx ? :p

Last edited:

cyclotegra

I would get the RHD if they are the same price, yes the RHD might be harder to get used to driving, but you would eventually get it down, plus you would get the nicer parts to!!! Total win for the RHD hands down.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Yeah, that's true :) i can modify it how i want, but thats also possible with a ITR Type R.

But in my eyes the Type R haves more possitieve things than negative, the only thing thats negative in my eyes is the RHD :)

RSX Type S, is a sweet model but doesnt have (like what they say above) the huge brembo breaks, recaro, more hp, better chassis (springs, brakes and stuf like that). And on other forums they say that een ITR Type R preforme better that a RSX Type S :)

Also in europe the ITR Type R is not expensiver in price that a RSX Type S :p There are both between the 10-15.000 euro

So it wil be a hard choice.. :roll:

So the thing u want me to say is ... ? :)
Dont buy a itr / rsx ? :p
nope, you buy what you want :)

WesleyS

I think i will go for the Acura RSX Type S :) All because it is LHD, and i don't think i get use to the RHD cuz it is a daily drive with difficult parking area's :)

But this (see pic.) is a acura right ? He just put ITR DC5: logo's, breaks, seats, exterior (spoilers, bumpers etc) and wheel on it ?