that's it....I am sick and tired

ghost_xero

Sword of Swords!
of seeing you guys with your valve covers all painted nice, i am SICK and TIRED of it....YOU HEAR ME??

so now that i got that out of the way....what do u guys use?

as far as paint brands and what not?

im looking to do this tomorrow!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Pep Boys sells a bunch of duplicolor high-temp coatings in a variety of colors. Hit them up for sure. And get some aircraft stripper from Wal-Mart to get ride of the old coating. Check out 8urcivic's thread about this; he's a VC painting pro. He'll even paint it for you; any style you like you just gotta pay him :lol:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Pep Boys sells a bunch of duplicolor high-temp coatings in a variety of colors. Hit them up for sure. And get some aircraft stripper from Wal-Mart to get ride of the old coating. Check out 8urcivic's thread about this; he's a VC painting pro. He'll even paint it for you; any style you like you just gotta pay him :lol:
thanks....rattle can jobs are ok....but you have to know the proper process of painting so the heat off of the cover doesnt create bubbles.

for best results....let me paint it.

heres just a few of done.:D

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=37064

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
you can rattle can it just fine, just take the time to clean it right. use a high temp primer and a high temp clear. use any color you want and your fine. its how I did the one on my SRT and its been like that for 3+ years. And my engine bay gets alot hotter than yours will.

AmberLynne

of seeing you guys with your valve covers all painted nice, i am SICK and TIRED of it....YOU HEAR ME??

so now that i got that out of the way....what do u guys use?

as far as paint brands and what not?

im looking to do this tomorrow!
:lol:dooooo ittt!

ghost_xero

Sword of Swords!
um.....yeah ive done pretty good so far doing it all myself, wont stop now, and besides he lives in another state....im not big on my car being down on someone elses time! DIY time indeed!

ghost_xero

Sword of Swords!
yeah right dude...... im cool if i can do it myself...i will! so far this is all i got done in about an hours time!

ghost_xero

Sword of Swords!
i dont think that will work, the shit thats on there is weird...its like glittery sandpaper....im sanding it down pit by bit and it is taking...FOREVER!

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
paint stripper, itll help peel all that old paint off. Use a wire brush too, unless you have acess to a sand blaster. Trust me