Help me please

ZONE317

I drive a 1989 integra ls and its acting stupid. I can drive on the highway with no problems but as soon as i take my foot off the gas it dies. Then it will take 2 or 3 turns to start again. Then when im driving in town it will die every 2 blocks or so. When the i start the car the rpm says 1500 then drops to about 500. Then all of a sudden it's like its choking and dies. Does anyone happen to know what this could be.And is it fixable and how much $ will it cost me? Thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
cash for clunkers only works if you get a new car that has 10 more mpg than your previous car...its gonna end up being a 35mph car...

babyteg

my 89 teg upd' and died a couple of days ago, I thought it was a fuel problem, I started from the fuel pump, took the bolts holding the fuel pump in so it was hanging long enough for me to try to start it. When i turned it over I could feel the pump working, so i moved down the line to the filter took the pressure out of the tank by opening the gas cap, then the top bolt with rags under the pump for the drippings, fuel came out,......hmmmm does it spark i thought cause it turns over, so i checked that when a friend came over no spark, what makes the spark.... the coil and cap so i took off the cap and found the problem. The rotor was loose...too loose i thought, i looked at the points inside the cap some were almost cut off. $30 for a cap and rotor not $250 for a pump.

A&RMotorsports

Street Beast
yeh....probally wouldnt hurt to do a little "diagnosing" before you tear a fuel pump out ;) look at previous service records (fuel filters, spark plugs, injectors etc) see when they were, or if they have been changed, might give you a good direction to start in without any teardowns!

heykosal

Angkorian
Cash for clunkers
:rolf:

cash for clunkers only works if you get a new car that has 10 more mpg than your previous car...its gonna end up being a 35mph car...
Incorrect. If the new vehicle has a combined fuel economy that is at least 4, but less than 10, miles per gallon higher than the traded-in vehicle, the credit is $3,500. If the new vehicle has a combined fuel economy value that is at least 10 miles per gallon higher than the traded-in vehicle, the credit is $4,500.

At least it wont die when you let off the gas :???:
Unless it's a hybrid;)