Won't start, any idea

adio2dc

I have 93 integra 2dr with a b16a vtec sawp it won't start ! Im wondering if its my starter or my battery ? Or wut can it be ? The starter doesn't turn ? The interior has power and everything just that it won't start ? But I hooked up the jumper cables to my bros car and it turned on this leads me to belive that my battery might be goin bad ? How can check to see if its my battery ?

johnownsall2

well check it with a voltmeter with the car off it should be around 12 volts. And so the car only turns over with jumper cables? which makes me to believe it must be the battery considering the battery must be dead or have a dead cell or something which is not providing power to the starter. Just buy a new battery its only 100 dollars depending on the quality battery you get. If the current one you own hasnt been replaced then just replace it anyway. unless your on a tight budget

Thrule01

Honda Addict
could be a loose cable connection not sitting flush..clean the battery terminals...and start with most basic things first

johnownsall2

Yea thats true clean the battery with a wire brush. And did this just happen out of no where? or did you buy the car like it? The starter relay i believe correct me if im wrong is under the dash near the steering wheel i think.. I had the same problem with my integra when i had it. i dont know if its a good idea but i did it until i fixed the problem i just took a wire connected it to the started like just put it on where it connects and then put the other side of the wire to the positive side of the battery i did that just to get it started once in a while because i didnt want it to sit.

adio2dc

Naw I happen like weeks after I bought the car ! And the relay under the steering wheel isn't it the main relay ? Well I had a problem with the main relay but I would just tap it and the car would turn on ! Can that be it ?

red.line

Sounds like it's most likely your battery..as mentioned, meter it and see what you get.

red.line

Yeah, with a multimeter. :p
But seriously, no, metering it will let you know for sure if your battery is good or pooched.

xusake

Is their any other way to check the battery with out a voltmeter
yeah free test at autozone or advance auto part store, or im sure at any auto store. some of the auto store does free engine check also. so head over there for your free check up.

johnownsall2

Well im glad we helped :). volt meter always comes in handy when having eletrical problems or test light just for future reference. Good luck with your car. :)

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
the fuel relay is under the dash on the drivers side the starter relay is next to the heater box in the dash u have to take the glove box out to get it its a bitch to replace u can even do it from under the radio if u take the radio out